Major power blackout in SydneyMarch 30th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by admin
More than 7000 people are without electricity in Sydney today due to an interruption in power supply.
The blackout occurred just before the peak hour after a fault had affected four major power cables that supplied two sub-stations in the CBD.
Energy Australia spokesman Anthony O’Brien said to news.com.au, “The fault was affecting supply to a large portion of the northern CBD, the city’s east and suburbs such as Paddington, Surry Hills, Rose Bay and Darlinghurst”.
“Crews are on site at sub-stations in the city’s north and Surry Hills trying to pinpoint the locations of the faults and make the areas safe,” he said.
If you are experiencing the blackout, do share your experience via the comments below.
Affected areas : Wynyard station, Taylor Square, Ultimo, Surry Hills, Oxford Street, Paddington, Darlinghurst, Potts Point, Bondi and Circular Quay.
- Power cuts in some Delhi areas Tuesday - Oct 03, 2011
- Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stations - Aug 05, 2012
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Now, electricity sub-stations that work through remote! - Nov 23, 2010
- Dikshit wants inverter-free Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- Major fire at Delhi power station (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Metro builds two underground sub-stations - Dec 29, 2011
- Delhi power station blaze doused, no casualty (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,210 crore Qatar project - Jul 20, 2011
- Major fire at Kanpur power station - Jun 09, 2011
- Dikshit wants inverter free Delhi (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Dikshit to Delhi citizens: Treat XIXth Commonwealth Games as a national festival - Sep 18, 2010
- 'Electification projects on in Garo Hills' - Jan 30, 2012
- Fire at power substation in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2010
- Agra residents protest erratic power supply - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: bondi, cbd, circular quay, darlinghurst, electricity, energy australia, faults, interruption, large portion, news com au, o brien, oxford street, peak hour, potts point, power blackout, power cables, power supply, spokesman, surry hills, taylor square