Maine man teaches legal pot growing techniquesApril 14th, 2011 - 12:09 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Maine, April 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 56-year-old man is teaching residents of Maine how to grow ‘quality’ medical marijuana. The man has been growing pot for about three decades now but he has taken advantage of the loophole that allows the drug to be grown legally.
For most of the years that Ray Logan was growing marijuana in the state it was illegal. The state’s legislators changed the law to make growing marijuana for medical purposes legal. Logan has subsequently started what people say is “Marijuana State University.” Logan organized his first class in Portland this month and more classes have reportedly been scheduled.
Logan’s students expect to know everything concerning growing marijuana at home. The students cannot be taught with marijuana so Logan uses Basil instead to show them how it is done. The workshop takes three hours to complete.
Maine is one of the states that allow marijuana to be grown for medical purposes. Under the law, people who have been properly licensed can grow the drug which is used medically to treat certain kinds of diseases.
- Pot doctors to face new rules in Colorado - Mar 14, 2011
- Breckenridge Citizens Legalize Pot, Law Meant Only For Adults - Nov 05, 2009
- Got the munchies? Try Oakland prof's savoury cannabis recipes! - Dec 08, 2010
- Uruguay to debate legalising marijuana - Aug 09, 2012
- California Voters Renounce Proposition 19 To Legalize Pot - Nov 04, 2010
- Pot cola, sodas coming to medical marijuana dispensaries - Jan 30, 2011
- Victory For Medical Marijuana Advocates, Pot Now Legal In DC - May 05, 2010
- First legal marijuana café opened in America - Nov 20, 2009
- 4/20 National Weed Day: Will It Soon Be Legal? - Apr 20, 2010
- Former Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders All For Legalization Of Pot - Oct 19, 2010
- Former Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders Supports Pot Legalization - Oct 19, 2010
- Former Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders Says to Legalize Pot - Oct 19, 2010
- Sarah Palin Asks Cops To Focus On Issues Other Than 'Minimal Problem' Of Marijuana - Jun 21, 2010
- Idaho man arrested in Oregon for carrying almost 5 pounds of marijuana - Mar 26, 2010
- Medical Marijuana Growers Become "Unionized", Join Teamsters Union - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: basil, first class, growing marijuana, growing pot, kinds of diseases, legal pot, legislators, loophole, maine man, marijuana for medical purposes, medical marijuana, old man, state university logan, three decades