Magnitude 5.1 shakes Ascension Island RegionOctober 22nd, 2008 - 1:50 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
There was an earthquake at Ascension Island Region with the magnitude of 5.1 on the Richter scale.
The earthquake occurred on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 21:21:54 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time ) and Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 04:21:54 AM at epicenter local time as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter is 305 km (190 miles) SSE of Ascension Island, 1005 km (630 miles) NW of Saint Helena, 2265 km (1410 miles) SW of ACCRA, Ghana with the depth of 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program and location 10.419°S, 13.128°W.
Between 1977 - 1980 , Ghana was a remote place for being major earthquake zone. Most of the earthquakes occur in an area to the west of Accra around the junction of two major fault systems, the east-west trending Coastal Boundary fault and the NNE trending Akwapim fault zone.
- Earthquake in Puerto Rico - Oct 09, 2008
- An Earthquake in Indonesia - Oct 24, 2008
- An earthquake in Vanuatu - Oct 02, 2008
- An earthquake measuring 4.8 richter scale in Nias Region, Indonesia - Oct 01, 2008
- Powerful earthquake strikes west of Vanuatu, no tsunami alert - Feb 02, 2012
- Powerful earthquake strikes the Solomon Islands, no tsunami alert - Apr 23, 2011
- Two strong earthquakes shake Mexican desert in Baja California - Apr 12, 2012
- Magnitude 5.2 shakes Ryukyu Islands, Japan - Oct 22, 2008
- Southern California Rattled By 5.4 Earthquake On July 7, 2010 - Jul 08, 2010
- An earthquake of magnitude 5.3 hits Guam - Mar 03, 2009
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no casualties - Apr 12, 2012
- Moderate quake rocks Indonesia and Malaysia - Sep 29, 2008
- Strong earthquake strikes off eastern Indonesia, causing panic - Nov 14, 2011
- Mariana Islands Hit With 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake - Aug 14, 2010
- Powerful quake rocks northern Japan, no casualties - Mar 09, 2011