Luke Magnotta had 70 Facebook pagesJune 8th, 2012 - 7:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Montreal, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to Montreal’s law enforcement authorities, Luka Magnotta had more than 70 pages on the world’s most popular social-networking site.
On Wednesday, Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere told the media that Magnotta maintained over 70 Facebook pages under different names. Magnotta had an important presence in the Internet, and he was a very active internet user, posting YouTube videos and maintaining personal websites and blogs.
This online material could be used against the former stripper and porn actor in court. Investigators are analyzing the findings as they collect more evidence on the case of the murder of Jun Lin, former lover of Magnotta.
Jun Lin was assassinated last month in Montreal. Law enforcements authorities have found a 10-minute video that shows how Lin was stabbed to death with an ice pick, and then dismembered and eaten. The clip was recorded in Magnotta’s apartment.
Magnotta was arrested this week in Berlin and is currently in jail awaiting extradition to Canada. Police are currently investigating whether he was also involved in the beheading of Hervey Medellin in California.
A woman who was walking her dog found the head of Medellin near the Hollywood sign last Jan. 17.
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Porn actor Luka Rocca Magnotta is a prime suspect in Canadian body parts case - May 31, 2012
- Human remains found in packages mailed to Canada schools - Jun 06, 2012
- Canada launches hunt for man who mailed body parts - May 31, 2012
- Canadian killer warned British tabloid in email sent from Holland - Jun 02, 2012
- Woman's head found in Canada park - Aug 17, 2012
- Lungs discovered on Los Angeles' sidewalk - Jun 13, 2012
- Porn industry may quit Hollywood over new law - Jan 19, 2012
- Human foot and hand mailed to Vancouver schools - Jun 06, 2012
- China shuts websites, microblog accounts over fraud, blackmail - Sep 14, 2012
- Content creators can help curb piracy: E&Y; - Nov 20, 2011
- Sex trade on social network sites on the rise in UAE - Mar 17, 2011
- Mexican sex-crime prosecutors hire male strippers for party - Jul 16, 2011
- `Sesame Street' channel cleansed of porn put by hackers - Oct 18, 2011
- Justin Bieber's YouTube videos redirect to porn sites - Jul 05, 2010
Tags: apartment, canada police, cmdr, extradition, facebook, former lover, hollywood sign, internet user, investigators, lafreniere, law enforcement authorities, law enforcements, luka magnotta, luke magnotta, medellin, montreal police, personal websites, social networking site, stripper, youtube videos