Lost Abbey Ale might need to change their label as Wiccan community take offenseOctober 25th, 2010 - 9:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Marcos, Oct 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) If there is one lesson Port Brewing has learnt in the past week, it has to be that it is no longer what is in the bottle that counts. What is outside the bottle can also be very crucial.
The company has come under barrage of criticism for the label of Lost Abbey Witch’s Wit Ale. The limited edition of the wine has a picture of a witch tied to the stake in flames.
It seems the company is targeting the upcoming Halloween to sell the drink. The company has agreed to review the label and replace the witch’s picture with that of St. Nicolas. However that will only happen after Halloween.
The person that started the hullabaloo about the drink’s label was Vicki Noble. Vicki is well known in the Wiccan and pagan communities. She feels the label was insulting to women and white witches in general. She sent an email to all the email contacts she has about the label.
The email read “Can you imagine them showing a black person being lynched or a Jewish person going to the oven?” she wrote. “Such images are simply not tolerated in our society anymore (thank the Goddess) and this one should not be, either”.
- Lost Abbey To Change Label Following Controversy - Oct 25, 2010
- US brewery angers Wiccan community with Witch's Wit label - Oct 29, 2010
- Lost Abbey Ale To Change Label After Being Accused Of Inspiring Violence Against Witches - Oct 25, 2010
- US brewer sorry, says it's renaming 'Kali-Ma' beer - May 15, 2012
- British firm brews world's strongest beer - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Kali was always worshipped with liquor' - May 27, 2012
- Homebrew Kits To Accelerate The Process Of Homebrewing - Jan 11, 2011
- Summon US envoy over 'Kali-Ma' beer, says BJP - May 15, 2012
- Now a beer brewed exclusively in White House - Mar 08, 2011
- Obama racks up 60 games of golf, becomes first Prez to brew own beer - Mar 07, 2011
- Heidi Turns A Superhero For Halloween - Nov 01, 2010
- UK firm creates 'world's strongest beer' with 41 per cent ale - Feb 17, 2010
- Alcoholic ginger beer set to be most popular summer drink in England - May 30, 2010
- Shobhaa De Gets 'Wicked Witch' Title From Sonam Kapoor - Nov 03, 2010
- Now, 'How to arrest a witch' guide for UK cops! - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: abbey ale, barrage, black person, email contacts, flames, goddess, halloween, hullabaloo, images, jewish person, limited edition, pagan communities, san marcos, st nicolas, stake, wine, wit, witch, witches