London-bound plane makes emergency landing in MauritaniaAugust 26th, 2010 - 1:26 am ICT by BNO News
NOUAKCHOTT, MAURITANIA (BNO NEWS) – A British passenger plane en-route to London was forced to land at Nouakchott International Airport in Mauritania on Tuesday, the airline said on Wednesday.
British Midland Airways (BMI) flight BD968 departed Freetown, the capital of Sierra Leone, en-route to London Heathrow on Tuesday and was forced to land in Mauritania “in accordance with aircraft manufacturer’s guidelines,” the airline said.
BMI did not say why the Boeing 757-200 was forced to land, but said press reports of a fire in the engine were not accurate. “The aircraft landed as normal and passengers and crew disembarked safely,” a spokesperson said. “An alternative bmi flight is scheduled to arrive at Nouakchott International Airport today at approximately 1815 GMT.”
The spokesperson said the flight will depart Nouakchott International Airport at 1915 GMT and will arrive at London Heathrow at around 0030 GMT on Thursday. “Passengers and crew are currently in hotel accommodation,” the airline said. “The safety of bmi passengers and crew is our number one priority.”
There were 95 passengers onboard the flight and 7 crew.
- British plane makes emergency landing in Mauritania - Aug 26, 2010
- AI Bhubaneswar flight makes precautionary landing in Kolkata - Jun 18, 2012
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- British airline to begin Amritsar-London flight - Sep 08, 2011
- Large cargo plane carrying nine crashes in the mountains near Kabul - Oct 13, 2010
- Dozens sickened during ArkeFly flight from Amsterdam to Canary Islands - Dec 18, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- At least 15 die in eastern Venezuela plane crash - Sep 14, 2010
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Qatar Airways pilot dies in flight - Oct 14, 2010
- China jet makes emergency landing amid bomb scare - Jul 15, 2010
- 44 die in Russia plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: aircraft manufacturer, airline, bmi, boeing, boeing 757 200, british midland, british midland airways, capital of sierra leone, emergency landing, gmt, hotel accommodation, london heathrow, nouakchott mauritania, passenger plane, priority, spokesperson