Lindsay Hasaj Baby Girl: A Miracle ‘Twice’ OverJuly 16th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by GD
‘Two’ much of anything might not always be a great thing, but for Lindsay Hasaj, it turned out to be something that could be potentially fatal to her unborn child. 27 year-old Hasaj, suffered from an extremely rare anatomical peculiarity that was almost like a text-book case: she had a dual reproductive system, with duplicated sets of organs.
But in spite of formidable medical odds against her, fate seemed to have other plans for Hasaj and her husband, Tony, 31, who recently became proud parents of healthy baby girl Mirela Elizabeth. Weighing 6lbs and 3oz at birth, baby Mirela is nothing short of a medical marvel.
In the fifth week of her pregnancy, routine examinations following complaints of abdominal pain revealed an astonishing as well as terrifying irregularity: Hasaj suffered from an extremely rare one-in-a-million anatomical condition wherein she had two wombs, a set of double cervices and double vaginas, known in medical terminology as uterus didelphys.
The peculiar anatomical enigma meant that Hasaj’s pregancy was ‘doubly’ difficult. She had to go in for scans every two weeks and had to constantly maintain her hormonal medication. Also, the tiniest of irregularities or slightest of physical unease required her being rushed to the hospital to make sure that everything was in order and that the baby was out of any sort of danger.
The constant anxiety was finally put to rest, and the unwavering medical attention paid off when Hasaj eventually gave birth via a C-Section procedure, and made Tony and herself thrilled parents who considered themselves as “the luckiest parents alive”.
- Woman pregnant with two babies in separate wombs - Jul 21, 2010
- It's a boy for Hilary Duff - Mar 23, 2012
- World's tiniest premature babies doing well - Dec 12, 2011
- Duff trying to lose baby weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Simpson to marry this year? - May 25, 2012
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- Baby's cancer removed while in mother's womb - Jun 23, 2012
- Young mother 'stabs baby with scissors' - Apr 10, 2011
- Victoria Beckham suffers from slipped disc - Aug 20, 2011
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- Iraqi woman gives birth to quadruplets - Apr 02, 2011
- Duggar Baby Born Prematurely Because Of Pre-eclampsia - Dec 16, 2009
- Baby born with no blood saved by doctors - Jan 27, 2012
- U.S. Teen Birth Rates At All Time Low, Survey Reveals - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: abdominal pain, baby girl, birth baby, book case, c section procedure, irregularities, irregularity, medical attention, medical terminology, one in a million, organs, peculiarity, pregancy, proud parents, reproductive system, routine examinations, unborn child, unease, uterus didelphys, vaginas