Limbless Frenchman Philippe Croizon Swims Across English ChannelSeptember 20th, 2010 - 9:45 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) They say, if there is a will, there is a way. A limbless Frenchman Philippe Croizon has made this proverb come true once again this weekend by swimming across English Channel using leg prostheses that have flips attached with it. Another striking achievement by the 42-year old man was he finished his whole journey in thirteen and half hours. After he arrived at the French town of Wissant on Saturday, he expressed his happiness and excitement to the media.
Philippe Croizon set off from Folkestone, Kent at 8 on Saturday morning and reached Wissant, near Calais before 9:30 pm. The Frenchman said that he is “happy” and he can not believe that he has actually made it possible. He also added that he has done that for himself, his family and for those who have suffered “tragedy” and lost their “taste” of life owing to the accidents and disasters. Even this achievement was greeted well by the Government officials who said that this incident proves that nothing is “possible”. The media sources report that Philippe Croizon swam at a constant 2mph.
After he arrived at the shore, France’s families minster Nadine Morano called him and praised his “exceptional” athletic performance. Philippe Croizon lost his limbs after he suffered a electric shock while removing the television aerial from his rooftop. The doctors had to cut his legs and lower arms in order to save his life. In 2007, he made a brave attempt and hogged limelight for parachuting from an aircraft. he said that he has practiced swimming for 35 hours a week to train himself for crossing English Channel. He has also written a book which is named as “I Decided To Live”.
- Limbless man swims across English Channel - Sep 21, 2010
- Limbless Man Philippe Croizon Swims English Channel 10 Hours Early! - Sep 20, 2010
- Limbless French man to swim English Channel next week - Sep 10, 2010
- France's Quadruple Amputee Philippe Croizon Crosses English Channel - Sep 21, 2010
- 42-yr-old Frenchman aiming to become first limbless person to swim the English Channel - Sep 10, 2010
- Frenchman with no arms and legs prepares to swim English Channel - Jun 01, 2010
- Limbless man swims between US and Russian Isles - Aug 20, 2012
- Limbless Frenchman completes English Channel swim - Sep 19, 2010
- Brit woman becomes slowest person to swim English Channel - Jul 28, 2010
- Man Bitten in Beaver Attack - Aug 14, 2012
- Channel Tunnel to get mobile phone coverage - Mar 03, 2012
- French want to ban people from swimming in the Channel - Nov 02, 2010
- French Coastguards Wish to Ban People Swimming the Channel - Nov 03, 2010
- Two handicapped Mumbaikars for London Paraolympics (With Images) - Dec 23, 2011
- Two handicapped Mumbaikars for London Paraolympics (Lead, superseding earlier story) (With Images) - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: athletic performance, brave attempt, electric shock, flips, folkestone kent, french town, frenchman, gina gomez, half hours, limbless, limelight, media sources, nadine morano, prostheses, proverb, sources report, striking achievement, swims, taste of life, wissant