Light earthquake rattles southern AlaskaApril 7th, 2010 - 11:36 pm ICT by BNO News
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA (BNO NEWS) — A light earthquake rattled southern Alaska on Wednesday, seismologists said. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
The 4.7-magnitude earthquake at 8.19 a.m. ADT was centered about 3 miles (5 km) west-southwest of Meadow Lakes, a census-designated place in Matanuska-Susitna Borough. It struck about 10.4 miles (16.7 km) deep, making it a shallow earthquake.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties from the earthquake, which was also felt in Anchorage - about 27 miles (43 km) north of the epicenter.
- Light earthquake rattles southern California - May 06, 2010
- Light earthquake rattles southern California - May 14, 2010
- Light earthquakes rattle southern California - Apr 23, 2010
- Light earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon - Apr 09, 2010
- Light earthquake rattles Hawaii - Mar 09, 2010
- Light earthquake rattles southern California - Apr 14, 2010
- Two light earthquakes rattle Mexico - U.S. border - May 23, 2010
- Light 3.9-magnitude earthquake shakes Los Angeles - May 15, 2010
- Moderate earthquake rattles U.S.-Mexico border, no damage - Dec 11, 2010
- Moderate earthquake rattles southwest Pakistan, destroys homes - Aug 10, 2011
- Two light earthquakes rattle the Island of Hawaii moments apart - Apr 23, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes off Cuba's coast, no damage - Sep 15, 2011
- Light earthquake hits near Rampart, Alaska - Mar 16, 2010
- 6.0-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Feb 16, 2012
- Light earthquake rattles Nevada - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: adt, alaska anchorage, anchorage alaska, bno, casualties, census designated place, epicenter, light earthquake, magnitude earthquake, seismologists, shallow earthquake, southern alaska, west southwest