Light earthquake hits off the coast of OregonMay 15th, 2010 - 2:34 am ICT by BNO News
PORTLAND, OREGON (BNO NEWS) — A light earthquake struck more than one-hundred miles off the coast of Oregon on late Friday morning, seismologists said. No damage was reported.
The 4.0-magnitude earthquake at 11.10 a.m. local time was centered about 116 miles (186 kilometers) west of Gold Beach, a city in Curry County. It struck about 6.2 miles (10 kilometers) deep, making it a shallow earthquake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
No damage was reported, and it is unlikely that anyone felt the earthquake.
- 6.0-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Feb 16, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon, no damage - Oct 13, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits off Oregon coast, no damage - Apr 12, 2012
- Moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon - Jul 28, 2010
- Strongest earthquake in years hits northwest of Norway, no damage - May 25, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes off Cuba's coast, no damage - Sep 15, 2011
- Light earthquake rattles Washington state, no damage - Nov 17, 2010
- Light earthquake hits off the coast of Oregon - Apr 09, 2010
- Moderate 5.5-magnitude earthquake shakes Christchurch - Oct 10, 2011
- Strong earthquake shakes Papua New Guinea, no damage - Aug 20, 2012
- Strong earthquakes strike off northeastern New Zealand - Nov 18, 2011
- Strong quake strikes Russia-Mongolia border region, no damage - Feb 27, 2012
- Strong 6.2-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea - Jun 02, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes central Peru, no casualties - Oct 29, 2011
- Two strong earthquakes shake Mexican desert in Baja California - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: bno, curry county, earthquake hits, friday morning, gold beach, kilometers, light earthquake, local time, magnitude earthquake, one hundred miles, oregon portland, portland oregon, seismologists, shallow earthquake, u s geological survey