Lifeboats rescue pony from a small beachJanuary 19th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rescuers had a tough time saving a pony from the waters in Ceibwr. The animal looked visibly frightened as the rescuers tried to get it out of the water after it became trapped on a tiny shale beach.
The rescuers used head collar to get the animal from the water. Several attempts failed before the rescuers finally got it right. They pulled the animal from the water and when they thought the whole episode was over, the creature broke free again. Another round of chase started with the rescuers finally catching the animal.
Rescuers used lifeboats in the rescue mission. After getting the animal secured in the water, the rescuers stayed in the lifeboats with the pony swimming behind them. The animal looked tired as it emerged from the water but somehow, it managed to start running again. When it was finally captured, the rescuers secured the animal and placed it in horsebox.
The team finally drove the animal from the scene into the farm of the owner where the animal was reunited with the others.
It took two lifeboat crews and several minutes to save the animal in the incident that took place last Sunday morning in Ceibwr, Moylegrove.
- Graham Ekins manages to capture flying Japanese squid on his camera - Dec 15, 2010
- Fossils reveal 500 million-year-old tulip-shaped creature - Jan 19, 2012
- Cat survives after being stuck on cactus for three days - Nov 15, 2011
- Chincoteague Pony Swim event to be held today i.e. on the 28th of July - Jul 28, 2010
- Stephanie Noble moves her horse into her house - Jan 12, 2012
- 15st man 'mugged by fox' for garlic bread - Mar 08, 2012
- 3 year old Alannah Merleto flushes a kitten down a toilet - Oct 20, 2010
- E.T. replica rescued by coastguards - Jan 03, 2012
- Eastern Shore To Commemorate The 85th 'Chincoteague Pony Swim' On July 28 - Jul 28, 2010
- Duchess Kate's school occupied by squatters - Aug 18, 2012
- Kate's school occupied by squatters (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- India, US to sign shale gas deal during Obama visit - Oct 27, 2010
- Kiwi rescuers free baby seal entangled in a thong - Sep 06, 2012
- Spider crab re-discovered after 99 years - Aug 25, 2011
- North Carolina man believes that he spotted Bigfoot - Jun 16, 2010