Libyan Justice Minister Al-Jleil says Gaddafi ordered Lockerbie bombingFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 9:41 pm ICT by BNO News
LONDON (BNO NEWS) — Libyan Justice Minister Mustafa Mohamed Abud Al Jeleil on Wednesday told a Swedish newspaper that Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi ordered the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, which killed 270 people.
Al-Jleil told Stockholm-based newspaper Expressen that Gaddafi was the person who gave the order to bomb Pan Am Flight 103, a daily scheduled transatlantic flight from London Heathrow Airport to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York.
“I have evidence that Gaddafi ordered the Lockerbie bombing,” Al-Jleil was cited as saying by Expressen. “To hide this, he did everything in his power to get Megrahi back from Scotland.”
Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was convicted of being behind the Lockerbie bombing, but was released in 2009 on compassionate grounds and returned to Libya.
- 1988 Lockerbie bomber al-Megrahi dies in Tripoli - May 20, 2012
- U.S. presidential candidate Romney calls on Libyan rebels to extradite Lockerbie bomber - Aug 23, 2011
- Colonel Gaddafi personally ordered Lockerbie bombing: Ex- Justice Minister - Feb 24, 2011
- Gaddafi must face Lockerbie trial, says acquitted man - Aug 28, 2011
- Lockerbie bomber found at mother's house - Aug 29, 2011
- Lockerbie bomber escapes with Gaddafi? - Aug 26, 2011
- Britain secretly advised Libyan govt. on how to secure Lockerbie bomber's release: Wikileaks - Feb 01, 2011
- Blair met Gaddafi aide before Lockerbie bomber's release - Sep 25, 2011
- 'Lockerbie bomber close to dying' - Dec 09, 2010
- Libya to celebrate anniversary of Lockerbie bomber's release - Aug 16, 2010
- Britain advised Libya on Lockerbie bomber's release: WikiLeaks - Feb 01, 2011
- 'UK pressurised Scotland to release Lockerbie bomber over oil deal between BP-Libya' - Dec 22, 2010
- Lockerbie bomber's family to sue Scotland over 'medical neglect' in jail: Gaddafi - Dec 03, 2010
- Lockerbie bomber's cancer at very advanced stage, says Gaddafi's son - May 26, 2010
- Britain warns Libya over Lockerbie bomber celebration - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: abdelbaset, abud, bno, colonel, compassionate grounds, expressen, heathrow airport, john f kennedy, john f kennedy international airport, justice minister, kennedy international airport, libya, libyan, lockerbie bombing, london heathrow airport, mohamed, muammar al gaddafi, mustafa, pan am flight 103, transatlantic flight