Leeds Car Park Hailed As ‘The Most Cheerful In Britain’September 15th, 2012 - 1:26 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Leeds, Sept 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Leeds car park has been hailed as ‘the most cheerful in Britain’. This is due to the fact that the car park cheers up commuters thanks to its freebies and jokes.
The Westgate car park has been said to be the friendliest car park in Britain. The managers of the car park that is in Castle street in Leeds have decorated the stairwells with posters displaying jokes that commuters can laugh at as they pass by. The park is also said to offer chances for people to win various gifts as they commute to work through the stairwells. Such gifts include things like free parking and lollipops.
Managers of the car park have done their best so that they can have more people park at their multi-storey car park. Toby Morton, who is the director of the car park said that commuters are usually gloomy as they use car parks especially on Monday mornings and that is why he opted for something that would cheer them up.
He said that he started about three years ago when he used to post quotes on the walls. It is after a while when he ran out of quotes that he started posting teasers and jokes as well as brain busters and it seemed like it was working by cheering up those who used the car park.
- Planning for Bangalore's growth - Feb 22, 2012
- Delhi gets another automated multi-level parking - Jun 12, 2012
- Windies and Black Caps pay homage to Runako Morton - Jul 13, 2012
- Man steals mobile phone from dying woman - May 20, 2011
- Runako Morton laid to rest in homeland - Mar 19, 2012
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Delhi gets first automated multilevel car park - Nov 10, 2011
- Three Britons held for running over Asian-origin kids (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Windies cricketer Runako Morton dies in road accident - Mar 05, 2012