Laura Bush supports gay marriageMay 13th, 2010 - 8:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, May 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The former first lady of the United States, Mrs. Laura Bush says that she supports gay marriages and even abortion. Laura Bush was speaking her mind on the Larry King show on Tuesday. Her husband George Walker Bush is anti gay and he fought the legalization of gay marriage, while he was the President of United States for 8 years.
Mrs. Bush said the issue of abortion and gay marriage has always been a bone of contention between her and the former president. She added that if two people are in love, irrespective of their gender then they must have the same right like anyone else.
Mrs. Bush said that she believe the legalization of same sex marriage was in the pipeline and she also added that it was a contentious issue between her and her husband during the their stay in the White House.
The former President actually endorsed a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage and that was a blow to the gay movement. Laura however told Larry that gay marriage was a social issue during her husband run for reelection. She also added that abortion ought to be legal, because she felt that people had a right to choose, and also for medical reasons.
- Laura Bush Can See Gay Marriage In The Horizon - May 13, 2010
- Laura Bush Startlingly Asserts That Gay Marriage Is Permissible - May 13, 2010
- Ken Melhman creates a stir with his confession of being a gay - Aug 27, 2010
- Barbara Bush Speaks About Same Sex Marriage - Feb 02, 2011
- Barbara Bush Feels Palin Should Stay in Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Charles, Camilla needed neat gin before meeting dignitaries: Laura Bush - Apr 29, 2010
- What will Obama's gay turn cost? - May 14, 2012
- Obama supports same-sex marriage (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Schwarzenegger backs gay marriage - Aug 07, 2010
- California allows same sex marriage - Aug 05, 2010
- Romney rejects same-sex marriage - May 13, 2012
- Federal judge overturns California gay marriage ban (Lead, changing dateline) - Aug 05, 2010
- British schools to teach kids about gay marriage - Feb 27, 2012
- Gay marriages can resume in California - Aug 13, 2010
- California Federal Judge Vaughn Walker Overturns Proposition 8 - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: 8 years, bone of contention, constitutional amendment, contentious issue, first lady, former president, gay marriages, gay movement, george walker bush, issue of abortion, larry king, larry king show, laura bush, legalization of gay marriage, legalization of same sex marriage, medical reasons, mrs bush, president of united states, reelection, same sex marriage