AIRES jet crashes at Colombian airport, one deadAugust 16th, 2010 - 7:34 pm ICT by BNO News
SAN ANDRES, COLOMBIA (BNO NEWS) — A Boeing 737-700 belonging to AIRES airline crashed at Gustavo Rojas Pinilla International Airport on the Colombian island of San Andres on Monday, authorities said.
The aircraft, which was carrying 121 passengers and six crew, left Eldorado Airport in Bogota about two hours before the crash happened at the airport in San Andres. It attempted to land during a heavy storm, and was presumably struck by lightning upon landing.
Airport officials said one adult female passenger had been killed, while 114 others were injured. Their injuries ranged from minor to serious injuries.
“Aires regrets the incident which happened on flight 8250 from Bogota to San Andres,” the airline said in a statement. It said relatives of the passengers can call 018 000 94 94 90 for information and assistance. A room has also been opened for relatives at the Sheraton Hotel in Bogota.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Miracle in Colombia: All but one survive AIRES jet crash - Aug 16, 2010
- Aries Airline Plane Crash at Colombia Airport, 131 Passengers, At Least One Dead - Aug 16, 2010
- One dead, 120 injured in Colombia plane crash - Aug 17, 2010
- Colombian plane crashes after being struck by lightning, 1 killed, 114 injured - Aug 16, 2010
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Gulf Air passenger plane skids off runway in southwest India - Aug 29, 2011
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Military helicopter crashes in northern Colombia, killing 13 - May 01, 2012
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Plane crash victims' kin arrive in Islamabad - Apr 21, 2012
- Pakistani plane with 127 on board crashes, no survivors (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Gilani orders plane crash probe, official hints at blunder (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2012
- Passenger plane crashes in Russia's Far East, killing 10 - Sep 13, 2012
- All on board dead in Pakistan plane crash - Apr 21, 2012
- Impounded plane stolen in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: adult, airline, airport officials, authorities, bno, boeing, boeing 737, bogota, crash, eldorado, gustavo rojas, gustavo rojas pinilla, lightning, passenger plane, plane crashes, san andres colombia