Lap Dance Gets Teachers FiredApril 21st, 2010 - 4:38 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Apr 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Two teachers from Winnepeg, Canada are now unemployed as a result of their performance of a simulated lap dance which was done at a school sanctioned event, in a gym full of kids.
Chrystie Fitchner who is a gym teacher, and Adiel Ahmed, a math teacher was told of their fate after a meeting with the trustees of the Winnepeg School Division which was held on Monday.
A Division spokesperson said tat Fitchner resigned on Monday, and that the resignation would be in effect as of June. Until then she will not be teaching, but will be on sick leave or under the terms of a collective agreement which the teachers of the Division have compiled. Although she was suspended without pay on March 3, she has still been receiving sick benefits, according to the division.
Ahmed was working with the board of education on a contractual basis. His contract, which expired on Friday, will not be renewed. He has been suspended without pay since March 2, according to the division. The decision which was made on Monday will end the speculation which has been going on for months about how the division would handle the incident, which occurred during the Churchill High School spirit week.
Students called the dance “sex on the dance floor” and were obviously shocked by the display. The teachers were grinding against each other while Fitchner sat in a chair in the middle of the gym. At one point, Ahmed places his head very close between her legs and bobs it up and down. It was described by the division as an “inappropriate dance.” The students were obviously embarrassed and appalled. “At first we were laughing and then it was like, ‘Oh that’s a little too far,’” The Globe and Mail quoted 14-year-old Freshman Saigha Vincent. “He is sticking his head into her crotch, into her private area,” Babinsky told The Globe and Mail on Tuesday. “I don’t know if they’re making contact, but it’s way too close.” Thirteen-year-old student Montana Fortier said the “whole school was rattled” after the assembly. A video can be seen embedded below.
- Teachers' lap dance sparks uproar at Canadian school - Feb 25, 2010
- Two teachers who simulated lap-dance in school are now unemployed - Apr 21, 2010
- Teachers Suspended For Performing Lap Dance In School - Apr 24, 2010
- Lap Dancing Teachers Now Experiencing Joblessness - Apr 24, 2010
- Winnipeg's lap dancing teachers suspended without pay - Apr 09, 2010
- Female teacher in US accused of having sex with five pupils in five months - Feb 07, 2011
- Teacher plays truant for two years, faking sickness - Oct 01, 2011
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- 50 Oz students suspended for 'rating female teachers online' - Apr 13, 2011
- 16 Indian students suspended after rude Facebook comments on teacher - Oct 10, 2010
- Delhi High Court asks DU college teachers to end strike - Mar 16, 2011
- Facebook comments leave 16 Chandigarh students suspended - Oct 07, 2010
- Brit student expelled over 'dangly bits in teacher's mug' prank - Feb 20, 2011
- Cameron Diaz makes sure that 'Bad Teacher' lives up to its name - Jun 24, 2011
- Oz teacher banned for telling female student she would be 'spicy in bed' - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: adiel, board of education, churchill high school, collective agreement, contractual basis, crotch, dance floor, fortier, globe and mail, gym teacher, lap dance, math teacher, private area, resignation, school spirit, sick benefits, sick leave, speculation, spokesperson, winnepeg canada