Labradoodle dog saves owner after ravine fallJanuary 26th, 2012 - 9:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Labradoodle dog named Monty became the hero when it saved the owner who had fell down a ravine. 73-year-old Maurice Holder suffered unconsciousness following the fall.
When he regained consciousness about 15 minutes later, the faithful dog led him from the place and later went out to bring help. Holder is grateful that the dog happened to be around when the incident happened.
He told newsmen that, “We were walking along the river. I was literally standing still with my hands in my pockets listening to the silence and the sound of the river, when suddenly the earth moved. I don’t know how long I was out for, it could have been around 10 to 15 minutes.”
Holder was rushed to the Royal Cornwall hospital where he stayed for two days. Doctors treated him for head injuries. He also suffered internal injuries like broken ribs. The grandfather of eight is currently out of harms’ way.
Holder believes Monty is the best pet around saying the canine shows great signs of loyalty. He is grateful that he survived the fall. Holder revealed that the accident could easily have been fatal. In his estimation, he fell about 40 feet through the ravine.
- Dog dies saving drunken owner from train - Sep 08, 2012
- Ian Botham's son worried about his kidnapped dog - Nov 25, 2011
- Death toll in Philippine jeepney accident reaches 11 - May 15, 2012
- Taxi driver takes dog from Madrid to London - Dec 12, 2011
- Dog fetches phone, saves owner's life - Apr 28, 2012
- Bosnian school bus plunges down ravine - Apr 17, 2012
- Fan falls from the stairwell of Rangers Park - Aug 29, 2011
- Hundred dog bites a day and counting in Srinagar - Apr 11, 2012
- Srinagar's 'dogged' problem giving nightmares - Feb 13, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan accident - Jun 05, 2012
- Trained Dog Can Smell Diabetic Emergencies! - Feb 08, 2011
- British dog is world's oldest at 24 - Dec 15, 2011
- Jimmy Buffet in Stable Condition After Fall off Stage - Jan 27, 2011
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Superdog' To Enable Dogs To Be Guided Remotely To Undertake Risky And Dicey Tasks - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: 15 minutes, broken ribs, consciousness, doctors, earth, estimation, harms way, head injuries, hero, internal injuries, labradoodle, london jan, loyalty, newsmen, pockets, ravine, royal cornwall hospital, signs, silence