Knotts Berry Farm Accident: Roller Coaster Turns WildSeptember 19th, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
As the myth says, amusement is good for keeping one off the daily pressure, but too much amusement can be hazardous. A similar incident occurred at the Orange County amusement park when a cable snapped from a roller coaster ride thereby sending a man and a 12 year old boy to the hospital with injuries (according to the Knott’s Berry Farm officials).
According to the sources, an Orange County roller coaster was reportedly closed when the cable of the ride broke and injured the aforementioned riders, who were admitted to the hospital soon after. Knott’s Berry Farm spokeswoman Jeniffer Blazey reportedly said that the mishap on the “Xcellator roller coaster” occurred shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Orange County amusement park.
The alleged accident left two of the riders injured, which included a 12 year old boy, and were thereby taken to the hospital for treatment. According to Blazey, the cable snapped thereby cutting the boy’s leg and the man was treated after suffering severe back injuries. Inside sources reveal that the ride was shut down soon after and will remain closed until the State Division Of Occupational Safety and Health and Buena Park carries out the necessary investigations that are required to spurn out the reason behind the mishap and ensure that no such incident occurs in the near future.
According to Capt. George Casario of the Orange County Fire Authority, the paramedical team had to drag the man out from the ride. The park officials reveal that the coaster ride has the capacity to seat 20 passengers, but was not full on Wednesday when the mishap occurred.
- Roller Coaster Car Accident In Knotts Berry Farm Injures 10 - Oct 08, 2010
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left stranded - Jul 31, 2012
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012
- Experience virtual roller coaster in Delhi - Jul 29, 2010
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Rollercoaster rides can cause ear injury - May 01, 2010
- 17 injured in Kolkata amusement park accident - Aug 21, 2012
- Harry Potter park opens in US for wizard fans - Jun 19, 2010
- US man 'rapes toddler at SeaWorld, saves crime pics on his phone' - Feb 27, 2011
- 78-year-old Pennsylvanian Male, Laden With Bounciness, Rides A Roller Coaster 90 Times In A Day - Aug 17, 2010
- Ultimo's ultimate bra test checks endurance on a roller coaster - Sep 03, 2010
- Riders Stuck In The Great American Roller Coaster Ride Rescued - Aug 11, 2009
- Radcliffe likes free Harry Potter rides - Jul 17, 2011
- Harry Potter theme park opens in Florida - Jun 18, 2010
- World's smoothest roller coaster ride designed on paper - Jul 19, 2010
Tags: amusement park, back injuries, buena park, capt, county fire authority, dey, division of occupational safety and health, farm accident, knott s berry farm, knotts berry farm, madhuri, mishap, necessary investigations, occupational safety and health, orange county fire, orange county fire authority, park officials, roller coaster, s berry farm, spokeswoman