Kitten survives shipping from China to CanadaJuly 11th, 2010 - 9:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Toronto, July 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A cat has survived for more than 45 days trapped inside shipping containers being shipped from China to Canada.
The cat was rescued after workers at a Canadian port found it trapped in one of the containers shipped from China after an amazing one and a half months. Those who rescued the animal said the animal looked distressed and it had lost weight, probably due to the fact that it had not eaten for most of the journey.
Workers had to empty the whole container from China, before they were able to retrieve the cat they have named Mandarin. The cat is said to have escaped to an unreachable corner of the container.
The animal was found in a steel container, loaded with granite slabs with wood bracing. The cat has been turned over to the Calgary Humane Society in Canada.
Officials of Calgary Humane Society said they are shocked as to how the cat survived so long without food or water.
There is no word on how the cat managed to get into the container, but one thing is certain and that is the fact that the cat got to the container before it was closed.
- Shipped From China To Canada, Kitten Survives Ordeal! - Jul 11, 2010
- A Kitten Extraordinarily Survives A Voyage From China To Canada In A Shipping Container - Jul 11, 2010
- Work continues to free trapped miners in China - Jul 05, 2011
- US refinery workers find dead monkeys in crate - Jun 08, 2012
- Cat survives 190-km ride on train's underside - Jun 14, 2012
- Cat survives after being stuck on cactus for three days - Nov 15, 2011
- Parrots are lot smarter - Aug 08, 2012
- Animal rescue operations begin in Japan - Mar 20, 2011
- 430 dogs to be sold as meat rescued in China - Apr 18, 2011
- Park County Authorities Rescue 157 Cats From Wyoming Hoarder's House - Aug 31, 2010
- Adopt cats, dogs, urges Jay Sean (With Images) - Jun 02, 2012
- Chinese army officer drowns while retrieving chemical barrels - Aug 01, 2010
- Coast guard rescue nine crewmen from sinking ship - Aug 04, 2011
- Sound raises hope trapped Chinese miners still alive - Aug 29, 2011
- Tigers never changed much even in two million years? - Dec 03, 2011