Kevin Trudeau Faces Contempt Of Court ChargesFebruary 15th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Chicago, Feb 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kevin Trudeau, an author and an infomercial salesman, has been charged of contempt of court order after his fans had flooded the inbox of U.S. District Judge Robert W. Gettleman. As per the reports, thousands of messages from people had clogged the computer of the judge and court technicians were called to clear the inbox and make the computer functional once again.
Kevin Trudeau, who has quite a large fan base, had requested his fans to contact the judge by mail and inform him the positive changes he had brought in their lives. He had also asked his followers to write to the judge and let him know that he is not a snake oil trader. It has been reported that Kevin Trudeau did not have the idea that his request would lead to such a problem and has apologized for his deed later. It has been reported that he had asked his fans to stop mailing the judge, as it is causing an inconvenience.
As per the reports, the US District judge considers the activity of Kevin Trudeau’s fans as a harassment and would penalize the infomercial salesman for it. Reports indicate that he would not only impose fine but also jail custody for disturbing him in such a manner. It has been reported that the judge had ordered Kevin Trudeau to surrender his passport and post 50,000 dollars bond for his act that led to delay of court activities. Some reports stated that US Marshall Service will conduct threat assessment of the mails.
- Kevin Trudeau faces contempt of court - Feb 16, 2010
- Palin's e-mail hacker starts prison term - Jan 14, 2011
- Man jailed for biting off snake's head before kids - May 04, 2011
- Snake in flight grounds plane - Apr 05, 2012
- E-mail virus attacks NASA server - Sep 11, 2010
- "Here You Have" e-mail virus wreaking havoc on servers across the world - Sep 10, 2010
- Sex movie virus spreading like wildfire across the Internet - Sep 11, 2010
- I am too racist for case: Juror tells judge - Sep 11, 2012
- Actor Kevin McCarthy Dies At 96 - Sep 13, 2010
- Jeff Foxworthy Roped In As Judge For The Second Season Of 'Shark Tank' - Aug 11, 2010
- Indian-origin court clerk caught watching porn during trial - May 01, 2012
- 'King of Infomercials' Donald Lapre arrested - Jun 24, 2011
- Jeff Foxworthy To Appear In "Shark Tank" Season 2 - Aug 11, 2010
- Indonesian jailed for preaching jehad - Mar 29, 2012
- Donald Lapre found dead in his prison cell - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,