Kentucky to fund elementary school in Jefferson CountyFebruary 24th, 2010 - 1:25 am ICT by BNO News
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY (BNO NEWS) – Governor Steve Beshear announced on Tuesday a $31,578 funding to Rangeland elementary school in Jefferson County, Kentucky, for sidewalk improvement projects.
“This project will do much to address pressing safety concerns, but it will have another benefit—health. As more and more children in America and in Kentucky struggle with weight and nutrition issues, it is increasingly important for us to encourage physical activity,” said Governor Beshear.
The project is part of the Safe Routes to School, a program designed to encourage students to walk or ride bicycles to school. Through this funding, Rangeland elementary school will improve two pedestrian pathways and will add bike racks too.
“It is especially gratifying during these tough economic times for Rangeland Elementary to receive money to help with necessary renovations. Projects such as repaving, improving the pedestrian pathway, improving the sight lines near the play area, and adding bike racks will make our school a safer, more appealing place for our children to learn and grow socially,” said Senator Denise Harper Angel.
- Kentucky awards $1.6 million for domestic violence and sexual assault programs - Apr 13, 2010
- Kentucky to fund a $51 million extension of Blankenbaker Parkway - Mar 25, 2010
- Kentucky's Energy Efficiency Program to receive more than $9 million funds - Feb 10, 2010
- Kentucky to make community investment in Campton - Mar 13, 2010
- Kentucky Universities to receive $500k for commercialization of new technologies - Feb 13, 2010
- Robin Williams pulled over for biking - Apr 20, 2011
- Kentucky to award $750,000 fund for Rural Wellness Center - Mar 18, 2010
- Paducah, KY to expand Paducah and Louisville Railway's headquarters - Mar 03, 2010
- Indiana and Kentucky governors call meeting of bi-state bridges authority - Jan 21, 2010
- Kentuckiana Curb to expand in Louisville, creating 50 jobs - Mar 17, 2010
- Four Kentucky companies receive $787,000 in American Recovery Act funds - May 13, 2010
- Governor Beshear announces funding to Lexington, Kentucky, biotech company - Feb 26, 2010
- Signature HealthCARE LLC to relocate to Louisville, KY, creating 120 new jobs - Mar 16, 2010
- Kentucky Governor Beshear appoints Onkst to state commission - Mar 11, 2010
- Kentucky State Flag To Remain Half Staffed On March 1st - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,