Kentucky Governor addresses West Virginia mine tragedyApril 6th, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by BNO News
FRANKFORT, KENTUCKY (BNO NEWS) – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo addressed on Tuesday their thoughts and desires regarding the West Virginia mine explosion, the Office of the Governor said.
“I spoke with Governor Manchin last night and expressed my deepest condolences to him and the families involved in this tragedy. I also offered to provide any assistance they might need, including the help of our mine rescue teams,” said Gov. Steve Beshear.
“I want to express my deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the 25 coal miners who died in the Massey Energy Co.’s underground explosion in West Virginia,” said Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo.
“I am praying the four missing miners are found safe. Losing just one life in a mining accident is one too many. As rescue workers continue to search for missing survivors, I ask that we each take a moment to say a prayer for all of the families affected by this tragedy.”
- Kentucky Governor Beshear says two trapped miners found dead - Apr 30, 2010
- Twenty-five dead, 4 missing after coal mine explosion in West Virginia - Apr 06, 2010
- 25 killed in US mine explosion - Apr 06, 2010
- Seven dead, 19 missing after coal mine explosion in West Virginia - Apr 06, 2010
- Mining Disaster At Montcoal In West Virginia (W.Va.) An Extremely Deadly One - Apr 09, 2010
- Obama expresses condolences on W. Va. mine accident - Apr 10, 2010
- Efforts to recover miners from W. Va. mine concluded - Apr 13, 2010
- Seven killed in explosion at US coal mine (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Six killed in explosion at US coal mine - Apr 06, 2010
- Kentucky Governor Beshear signs legislation to benefit veterans - Feb 19, 2010
- Kentucky Lt. Gov. participates in conference call with White House - Jan 29, 2010
- US announces probe into mine blast; toll reaches 29 - Apr 11, 2010
- 12 killed in US coalmine blast (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Kentucky continues emergency responses and begins damage assessments after storms and flooding struck the state - May 07, 2010
- U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration to investigate W. VA. disaster - Apr 07, 2010
Tags: bno, coal miners, deepest condolences, deepest sympathy, desires, explosion in west virginia, frankfort kentucky, governor manchin, kentucky governor, lieutenant governor, lt gov, massey energy, massey energy co, missing miners, office of the governor, steve beshear, underground explosion, virginia mine explosion, west virginia mine explosion, west virginia mine tragedy