Kentucky 15-year-old charged with murdering couple, 12-year-old girl releasedMarch 23rd, 2011 - 10:55 pm ICT by BNO News
EDMONTON, KENTUCKY (BNO NEWS) — A 15-year-old teenager has been charged with murdering his guardians at their home in southern Kentucky on Tuesday, state police said on Wednesday. His 12-year-old girlfriend, with whom he fled police, has been released.
Kentucky State Police spokesman Billy Gregory said 12-year-old Kyra Shockley was first reported missing by her parents to Edmonton Police at approximately 4 a.m. local time on Tuesday. They said they believed she was in the company with her 15-year-old boyfriend, who was identified as Christopher Endicott.
The search for the missing juveniles led police to the residence of Endicott’s legal guardians, 50-year-old Gary Holloway and 51-year-old Barbara Holloway, 6 miles (9.6 kilometers) east of Edmonton. They had been given custody of Endicott in January.
Law enforcement officers made repeated trips to the Holloway residence but were unable to make contact with the couple or the missing juveniles. Later, shortly after 2.30 p.m. local time, a family member of the Holloways entered their residence and discovered that both were deceased and no one else was in the residence. The couple’s vehicle, a 1997 Chevy Lumina was also missing.
Kentucky State Police Troopers and Detectives were dispatched to the scene at 2.46 p.m. local time and, upon arrival, initiated a death investigation. Several hours later, at 5.58 p.m. local time, an Amber Alert was issued for Shockley and Endicott.
Later that evening, Kentucky State Police received information from a local firefighter that he was behind the missing Chevy Lumina vehicle on Highway 90. They responded and attempted to make a traffic stop, after which a short pursuit ensued and Endicott drove off the roadway and through a fence. Shockley and Endicott were taken into custody after a short foot chase.
According to Gregory, Endicott has now been charged in the murders of the Holloways and has been lodged in the Adair County Youth Development Center. The 15-year-old has also been charged with Fleeing and Evading Police with a Motor Vehicle in the 1st Degree, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree, Reckless Driving, No Operator’s License and Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree.
Meanwhile, Shockley has been released to a parent although it remains unclear how and if she was involved in the double homicide of the Holloways. “The investigation is ongoing and more charges could be forth coming pending a Grand Jury hearing,” Gregory said.
Ginger Shive, the mother of Shockley, earlier said the teenagers had been dating for about three months. “He’s 15, he’s been in a lot of trouble.[But] he’s a good kid down deep,” Shive told WBKO-TV on late Tuesday, but added: “I did not like [their relationship] at all.”
Both Shockley and Endicott have profiles on the social networking website MySpace, where Shockley listed her username as “Kyra&Chris”. Shockley listed her age as 17, however, while Endicott’s age showed 26. It is not known if they met online.
Kentucky State Police have also not said how the Holloways were killed.
- Natalee Holloway's dad seeks answers from Aruba officials - Jun 15, 2010
- Canadian Mountie charged for killing wife active in Sikh community - Jul 12, 2010
- Natalee Holloway's Jaw Bone Might Be A Key To Her Murder Mystery - Nov 19, 2010
- Suspect arrested in McDonalds' transgender beating case - Apr 26, 2011
- Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot en-route to Peru - Jun 04, 2010
- Teenager rapes Class 9 girl in Delhi - Jul 14, 2012
- Holloway's Dad Seeks Answers From Aruba Authorities - Jun 15, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot arrives in Lima to face murder charges - Jun 06, 2010
- US soldier gets life for restaurant attack - Aug 11, 2012
- Robyn Gardner goes missing in Aruba, suspect arrested - Aug 10, 2011
- Van der Sloot alleges that a thief killed the Peruvian woman - Jun 14, 2010
- Teenage girl gangraped by dance instructor, others - Jul 09, 2011
- Four boys kill friend to avenge sister's elopment (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 13, 2011
- Four teenagers kill friend to avenge sister's elopment - Jul 13, 2011
- Natalee Holloway's Dad Still Waiting For Answers - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: 1997 chevy lumina, adair county, barbara holloway, billy gregory, bno, chevy lumina, death investigation, edmonton kentucky, edmonton police, endicott, foot chase, gary holloway, highway 90, holloways, kentucky state police, legal guardians, old boyfriend, southern kentucky, state police spokesman, traffic stop