“Keddie Murders” Unsolved crime into screenOctober 22nd, 2008 - 3:32 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
The horrific crime happened in April, 1981. Three members of the Sharp family were murdered along with a teenaged friend who was spending the night in cabin 28.
This unsolved crime is now made into tragedy movie casts by James Hoyt (Scott Speedman) and Kristen McKay (Liv Tyler).
The mysterious crime happened in Keddie Resort, which was built in 1910, the lodge surrounded by 33 cabins.
Morning around 9:00 a.m. On April 11th, 1981, Sheila Sharp, who had stayed the night at a neighbor’s house not far away from cabin 28, walked through her front door, where there were her 16 year old brother, John Sharp, and his 17 year old friend, Dana Wingate. Both were bound hand and foot, stabbed, and hammered to death on the room floor. There was blood on every surface of the cabin. Her mother dead body was on blood-soaked couch, Sue Sharp, also murdered in the same brutal fashion.
Interestingly, her 2 younger brothers Ricky and Greg, along with a friend slept unharmed throughout the night in the back bedroom, while Tina was not among the dead but reported missing.
The walls had cuts on them, the furniture was busted up, and the victims were beaten. However, neighbors said they can hear nothing in the night.
The case quickly grew cold and rumors of the town being haunted hurt the community so deeply it eventually became a ghost town, with only a hand full of residence living there today.
It has been 27 years this tragedy remains unsolved.
- Under fire, CBI blames police for failing to find Aarushi killers - Jan 02, 2011
- Aarushi murder closure report to be heard Jan 7 - Jan 03, 2011
- Brit-Indian bride 'was executed in cold blood' in South Africa - Dec 26, 2010
- Aarushi murder scene was dressed up, says CBI closure report - Jan 01, 2011
- Refused money for liquor, man kills wife - Feb 17, 2011
- Rajesh Talwar files plea against closing Aarushi murder case - Jan 03, 2011
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Two Indians and Liv Ullmann - in one film - Dec 14, 2011
- Spanish student's headless body found in Britain - Jul 18, 2012
- Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour dead - Jun 15, 2012
- Murdered Indian-origin bride's sister wants husband to stand trial in SA, prove his innocence - Jan 25, 2011
- Sister's husband killed for 'honour' - Jun 26, 2011
- Indian-origin woman on honeymoon killed in South Africa - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Fingerprints not used well to solve Aarushi murder' - Jan 06, 2011
- HBO Audience Will Watch "True Blood " Finale On Next Sunday - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: brother john, brutal fashion, friend dana, ghost town, horrific crime, james hoyt, john sharp, keddie murders, kristen, liv tyler, neighbor, neighbors, old friend, ricky, scott speedman, sharp family, sheila, unsolved crime, wingate, younger brothers