Kathleen Neill Arrested For Obscenity In Metropolitan Museum Of ArtAugust 28th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by GD
Kathleen Neill was arrested on Wednesday because she posed nude in the Metropolitan Museum Of Art for a photo shoot for photographer Zach Hyman. Zach was amused at the incident as he told sources that “Everything was going perfect until the very end. Then it became the worst case scenario.”
Zach was impenitent and casual about the offense. It seems that he was rather immune to such photography having done several of them before and not having trouble in public ever. When Neill faced charges for public lewdness, Hyman projected his promiscuous project in diminutive light by insisting that the commotion had occurred because his naked model did not produce her ID. It was a silly situation for the artist who argued about where she would keep the ID for god sake! So much for aesthetic purity and freedom of art.
A guard in Arms and Armour lobby who seemed perturbed by the exhibitionism said, “There were little kids in here watching the whole thing.” When Neill tried to convince the priggish guard trying to tell him that the museum was itself ironically full of nude statues, he argued back saying that she was from the 21st century whereas the statues were 400 years old!
Mike Markovich, a traveler from Toronto told sources, “I think it was cool to juxtapose the nude woman with the art in the room. I was surprised by how many people didn’t even notice her.”
In a city as fast-paced as New York, such liberties were felt to be an honor rather than a defamation. Besides Neill and Zach are ordinary folk who indulge in such activities without any moral dilemmas since they are famished for publicity.
- Bare naked model Kathleen Neill busted at museum - Aug 28, 2009
- Nude model busted at Met wishes prudish New Yorkers accept some bare skin - Aug 28, 2009
- Chinese hotel covers up nude statues after public ire - Mar 07, 2012
- Zach Hyman snaps Jocelyn Saldana nude on subway - Aug 21, 2009
- Public art struggles to find its space in India (Feature with images) - Jun 23, 2012
- Chinese netizens target nudes in classics - Jul 13, 2012
- Campus museums to come up in Kerala, Himachal - Jun 16, 2011
- Madame Tussauds 'Waxes' Dame Helen Mirren - May 12, 2010
- Antony pays homage at Russian WW-II memorial - Oct 04, 2011
- Major American museums carry Hindu Lord Shiva statues - Feb 20, 2011
- Why New York is the 'The Naked City' - Aug 20, 2009
- Famous Los Angeles Getty Museum exhibiting Ganesha and Vishnu - Mar 01, 2011
- Chinese museum housing a million relics reopens - Mar 01, 2011
- Hrithik shoots 'Just Dance' at Madame Tussauds - May 03, 2011
- Thieves rob Greece's Olympia museum - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: armour, commotion, defamation, exhibitionism, god sake, hyman, liberties, little kids, markovich, metropolitan museum of art, moral dilemmas, museum of art, naked model, obscenity, photo shoot, public lewdness, purity, silly situation, statues, worst case scenario