Kate Middleton’s transparent dress up for saleFebruary 16th, 2011 - 10:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The transparent dress of Kate Middleton is up for grabs. Apparently it is the very dress, which helped her to seduce Prince William, whom she is all set to marry in a few months.
The princess-to-be had worn this transparent dress at a charity fashion show that was held at Saint Andrews University in Scotland in 2002. After that fashion show, the dress was kept in Kate’s cupboard and was almost forgotten.
After that epic fashion show, Prince William was smitten by her and there are also reports that he tried to kiss her for the first time that very evening. Till the fashion show, they both were just friends but after seeing Kate in a transparent dress with black underwear, Prince William started dating her. According to reports, Prince Williams had grabbed a front row seat at the fashion show for 200 pounds.
The designer of the dress is Charlotte Todd, who used to be a fashion and textile design student at the University of the West of England at that time.
“The dress took me a week to make because it kept falling apart and I would have to start again. If it is true that my design helped change the prince’s interest in Kate from platonic to romantic as has been reported, then I am pleased to have played a part — however minor. I never would have imagined as I sat knitting this piece that one day it would be so important,” according to Todd.
- Kate Middleton's 2002 see-through dress to go under the hammer - Feb 19, 2011
- Kate Middleton's 'see-through dress drawing global interest at auction' - Mar 13, 2011
- Armani big fan of Kate Middleton's style - Jan 30, 2011
- Westwood won't design Middleton's wedding dress - Feb 23, 2011
- Bus Tour Features Kate Middleton's Hometown Haunts - Feb 22, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton quits family job to focus on life as a royal housewife - Jan 25, 2011
- Queen Latifah's advice to Princess-to-be Kate Middleton - Dec 31, 2010
- Middleton wants Victoria Beckham's dresses for honeymoon - Mar 23, 2011
- Wills-Kat TV movie given raunchy makeover - Apr 10, 2011
- Designer offers to make Middleton's bridal lingerie - Nov 27, 2010
- Vivienne Westwood thinks Kate Middleton needs to 'catch up with style' - Feb 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
- Now, a comic book on royal wedding - Apr 06, 2011
- Designer Bruce Oldfield 'will design Kate's wedding dress' - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: charity fashion, charlotte todd, cupboard, fashion show, front row, grabs, just friends, kate middleton, london feb, platonic, prince william, prince williams, princess, row seat, saint andrews university, textile design, transparent dress, underwear, university in scotland, university of the west of england