Karthik Rajaram kills family and commits suicide at LAOctober 7th, 2008 - 11:42 am ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Karthik Rajaram, 45 shot and killed his wife, three children, mother-in-law and then himself Monday in an upscale home, Los Angeles.
Rajaram had a master’s of business administration in finance, formerly worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Sony Pictures. He had been unemployed for several months, decided to commit suicide and kill his 6 family members in order to get rid of his financial burden.
Polices found Rajaram’ dead body with a gun in his hand on Monday. He left three suicide notes — one for police and one for friends and relatives — and a will.
The bodies of the man’s 39-year-old wife, 70-year-old mother-in- law, and three sons - ages 19, 12 and 7 - all of them were shot in head, found inside the home’s bedrooms. Investigators said family members died on Saturday.
- Man kills six after financial woes - Oct 07, 2008
- Man throws acid on family members, kills himself - Dec 28, 2010
- Jobless Indian American kills wife, kids, self (Lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Jobless Indian American kills five of family, self (Second Lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- Man hacks three in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 14, 2010
- Millionaire turned pauper Indian American kills five of family, self (Third Lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- US meltdown forces Indian American to kill self, family of five (Fourth lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- Man kills wife, sons, mother-in-law - Aug 02, 2010
- 50-year-old commits suicide over sleeping disorder - Aug 11, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: bedrooms, business administration, family members, finance, financial burden, investigators, mother in law, old mother, old wife, polices, pricewaterhousecoopers, rajaram, relatives, sony, sony pictures, suicide