Julian Assange is set to fight his extradition to SwedenJanuary 11th, 2011 - 11:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is back in court in the United Kingdom.
The 39-year-old has indicated that he will fight his possible extradition to Sweden where he is wanted for sexual offenses against two women. Assange has denied the charges from the Swedish prosecutors and he has always maintained that he had sex with the women after getting their consent.
He was prsent in court on Tuesday. The hearing lasted just ten minutes before the trial judge, Nicholas Evans adjourned the case to the 7th and 8th of February. During the hearing, the court only confirmed the identity of the former hacker and adjourned.
When Assange got out of the courthouse, he told reporters that had gathered outside the courthouse that he was happy with the outcome of the day’s hearing.
He assured all those that had gathered that with the hearing adjourned, he was now going to concentrate on the release of the US diplomatic cables.
Assange is in the battle of his life to ensure that his in not extradited to Sweden. He believes that the sex charges against him are politically motivated and they stem from his website’s publication of classified US diplomatic cables.
- Julian Assange appears in court - Jul 13, 2011
- Assange must face court, says Jemima Khan - Jun 22, 2012
- Assange to appear in court over extradition case - Jan 11, 2011
- Assange challenges extradition - Jul 12, 2011
- Assange served extradition notice - Jun 29, 2012
- Assange gets bail, says WikiLeaks to continue its work (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- 'Assange bringing WikiLeaks down' - Dec 23, 2010
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- WikiLeaks founder's extradition trial begins in Britain - Feb 07, 2011
- Assange claims he has got secret files on Murdoch - Jan 13, 2011
- End witch-hunt against WikiLeaks: Assange urges US - Aug 19, 2012
- Britain refuses Assange safe passage to Ecuador - Aug 17, 2012
- Julian Assange's mom in Ecuador to seek son's asylum - Jul 29, 2012
- Assange extradition case goes to British supreme court - Dec 16, 2011
- US targets Twitter to trap Assange over 'secret diplomatic cables' revelations - Feb 15, 2011