Judge James Pickles Passes Away At 85December 23rd, 2010 - 8:30 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Judge James Pickles, who is known to be one of the most outspoken as well as controversial judge in the legal history of Britain has passed away. The judge who attained wide fame for his no-nonsense approach and a number of controversial decisions that he took during his active years, was 85 at the time of his demise. According to reports, Judge James Pickles breathed her last on Saturday at his house in Halifax.
Although the exact cause of his demise has not been confirmed to the media, Judge James Pickles’ son Simon has revealed that he was confronting ill-health for the past few years. However, his son divulged that the highly-acclaimed judge remained deeply interested in current affairs despite being unwell. The news of Judge James Pickles’ death has left his supporters highly disappointed who are grappling with the fact that the judge, best known for his unique opinions and colorful remarks, is no more. Owing to his out-of-the-box opinions as well as controversial remarks, the British judge hogged the limelight in the 1980’s and 90’s. He triggered extensive outrage when he took the decision of sending a young woman to prison along with her ten-week-old following her conviction.
Judge James Pickles remained in the spotlight on a number of occasions throughout his active years until his retirement in the year 1991. After biding adieu to the legal circuit, he became a columnist for a leading British tabloid which won him many fans. Judge James Pickles is survived by his partner, three children, nine grandchildren as well as a great-grandchild.
- Judge James Pickles dies at the age of 85 years - Dec 23, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth II to become great-grandmother - Jul 09, 2010
- India's oldest student at 100... still going strong - Oct 18, 2010
- Himachal legislator dead - Jun 24, 2011
- Queen becomes great-grandmother for first time - Dec 31, 2010
- Hall Of Fame Pitcher Robin Roberts Passes Away At 83 - May 07, 2010
- Bishop Kenneth Moales Sr. Passes Away After Suffering Heart Attack - Sep 22, 2010
- Imminent British Author Brian Jacques Passes Away At 71 - Feb 08, 2011
- Big B's commitment bowls over Gulshan Grover - May 03, 2012
- A Kashmir store that pickles your imagination (With Image) - Feb 20, 2011
- Government asked to finalise policy on ex-judges' advice - Feb 29, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth great grandmom again - Mar 31, 2012
- This pickle bank tickles them pink - Feb 07, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- After 25 Long Years, Larry King Signs Off For The Last Time - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: british judge, british tabloid, controversial decisions, controversial remarks, current affairs, demise, divulged, exact cause, gina gomez, grandchildren, history of britain, ill health, judge james, legal history, limelight, nonsense approach, outrage, pickles, son simon, year 1991