Judge: Drew Peterson most probably killed his 3rd and 4th wifeJuly 22nd, 2010 - 8:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Joliet, July 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Drew Peterson most probably killed his third and fourth wife, according to an alleged leak of sealed ruling by Judge Stephen White.
Drew who is charged with killing his third wife - Kethleen Savio, has pleaded not guilty to the charge of first-degree murder. Though Drew’s fourth wife - Stacy Peterson has disappeared since October 2007, Drew has not been charged with her disappearance and he maintains that he knows nothing about her disappearance.
The trial of Drew has been delayed after prosecutors appealed to use a hearsay witness account in the case.
Analysts believe that prosecutors’ determination to get the court to allow them use a hearsay account means that the prosecutors might be in trouble without those witnesses.
One particular case the prosecutors want to use against Drew is the account that is being made by Stacy Peterson’s pastor. According to Stacy’s pastor, Stacy confided in him that Drew came home with a bag containing lady’s clothes just when Savio’s body was found by the police.
The profile of the case has been enhanced by a new Illinois law called the “Drew’s Law”. Under the new law, prosecutors will be allowed to use hearsay if prosecutors prove that a key witness has been killed to prevent him/her to testify.
- Court Refuses Release, Drew Peterson To Remain In Jail - Jul 09, 2010
- Drew Peterson Murder Trial To Have Less Hearsay Evidences - Jul 22, 2010
- Drew Peterson To Remain Locked Up In Jail - Jul 11, 2010
- Drew Peterson To Stay Back In Jail During Trial - Jul 10, 2010
- Additional Particulars Surface Of The Sealed Judgment In The Slaughter Case Of Drew Peterson - Jul 22, 2010
- Drew Peterson Ordered To Stay In Jail - Jul 09, 2010
- Drew Peterson has been indicted with the charges of murdering his third wife - May 08, 2009
- Judge: Drew Peterson to remain in jail during the trial - Jul 09, 2010
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance - Jul 24, 2012
- South Carolina preacher charged with kidnapping and rape - Aug 22, 2011
- Bhanwari murder trial begins in Jodhpur - May 14, 2012
- Michael Lohan charged with domestic violence - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: alleged leak, case analysts, clothes, disappearance, first degree murder, hearsay, illinois law, key witness, prosecutors, s pastor, savio, stacy peterson, stephen white, wife stacy, witness account