Joran Van Der Sloot Sues First Lawyer And Col. Miguel CanllaJuly 6th, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After the motion of Joran Van der Sloot who sought to dismiss his previous confession to the killing of Stephany Flores during the jailhouse interrogation was declined by the court on June 25th, the charged criminal has sued his former lawyer who represented him during the police interrogation. The news was revealed to media sources by his current attorney Maximo Altez who said that the suit was filed on Friday. The suit has charged Luz Romero Chinchay with not only misrepresentation but also with charges of conspiracy to commit crime and abuse of authority.
Luz Romero Chinchay was present at the time of police interrogation when Joran Van der Sloot had allegedly confessed to killing Stephany Flores. Maximo Altez had said to media sources that Luz Romero Chinchay is not a public advocate as she had claimed to be and that she is a private attorney. The present lawyer of Joran Van der Sloot has said that they had repeatedly searched the name of Luz Romero Chinchay in the list of public attorneys but have failed to find the name of the lawyer in the list provided by the Ministry of Justice. Maximo Altez added that they do not have any particular idea who had called that lawyer and had paid her fees. Maximo Altez added that his client did not pay the lawyer who represented him.
However, Luz Romero Chinchay is not the only person who has been sued by Joran Van der Sloot. Col. Miguel Canlla the chief of the police homicide squad who had led the team that interrogated Joran Van der Sloot has also been charged with the same crimes.
- Joran Van der Sloot Sues His Initial Legal Representative - Jul 06, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot sues his lawyer - Jul 06, 2010
- Van der Sloot Lawyer Plans To Strike Confession - Did FBI Pay Him? - Jun 10, 2010
- Maximo Altez Navarro, Attorney for Joran Van Der Sloot Quits!! - Jun 15, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot's Request To Nullify His Confession, Denied By Judge - Jun 29, 2010
- Thief Killed Girl- Says Van Der Sloot - Jun 14, 2010
- Van der Sloot is Expected to "Paralyze the Process" in Murder Trial; Motion Denied - Jun 29, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses Murdering 21 Year Old Woman In Lima - Jun 11, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Confesses To Killing Stephany Flores - Jun 08, 2010
- Van der Sloot plans to 'paralyze the process' - Jun 29, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Tries To Strike A $1 Million TV Interview Deal From Prison - Jul 03, 2010
- Joran Van Der Sloot Paid By FBI? - Jun 10, 2010
- Fox News: Joran van der Sloot lied during confession - Jun 11, 2010
- Beth Holloway Says That She Has "No Hate" In Her Soul For Joran van der Sloot, Media Says - Sep 19, 2010
- Natalie Holloway's Dad Seeking Answers in Aruba After Van Der Sloot Confession - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: altez, confession, conspiracy, crimes, dey, flores, homicide squad, jailhouse, joran van der, joran van der sloot, lawyer, madhuri, media sources, ministry of justice, misrepresentation, police interrogation, private attorney, public advocate, public attorneys, romero