John Stamos Triumphs Over Couple In Extortion CaseJuly 17th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 17, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Alison Coss and Scott Sippola were convicted of trying to blackmail the actor John Stamos on Thursday. They were sent to jail after the allegation proved to be true. The couple had been pressurizing Stamos to part with $680,000 in exchange for the photographs which could be harmful for him, if published. The photographs allegedly showed John Stamos in the company of strippers with cocaine.
Allison Coss claimed that she had had a romantic relation with him after meeting him at the age of 17. The actor, however, denied any such liaisons but admitted to having met her at a party back in 2004. He had apparently been recovering from the separation with Rebecca Romijn, his wife.
Stamos also told the judges about the exchange of e-mails between them. He stressed the fact that they were friendly exchanges with absolutely no romantic indication. However, he declared that they might have been a little flirty in nature.
He also read a part of his electronic correspondence in court which hinted about a deal with a tabloid. The publication was ready to pay for the images of John Stamos drinking and doing drugs. Stamos went on to add that he felt the mail had violated his privacy and the method of extortion adopted by Coss made him feel threatened. He then contacted the authorities and the FBI swung into action by going over his correspondence.
The law enforcement authority then arrested the duo of Coss and Sippola on the basis of a sting operation staged by them. The court found them guilty of threatening the actor with blackmail. They were then sentenced to five years in prison.
John Stamos refuted all allegation of behaving in an inappropriate manner or taking cocaine in 2004, the year when the photograph was supposed to have been taken.
- John Stamos In Trouble Over Cocaine And Sex With Under-Age - Jul 15, 2010
- John Stamos Gets Involved In A Lawsuit - Jul 14, 2010
- Woman Claims Possessing Photo Of John Stamos With Cocaine - Jul 15, 2010
- John Stamos Emerges Clean In Extortion Case - Jul 17, 2010
- John Stamos denies teen fling in sex case - Jul 14, 2010
- John Stamos' extortionists sentenced for 5 years - Jul 16, 2010
- Extortionists Sentenced To Four Years Of Imprisonment For Threatening John Stamos - Oct 09, 2010
- John Stamos Lawsuit Hearing Begins At Michigan Court - Jul 14, 2010
- Actor John Stamos's Extortionists Get Four Years Prison Term - Oct 09, 2010
- John Stamos: New Charge Filed in Extortion Case - Apr 20, 2010
- Son dies from drug use: Briton kills dealer, hangs himself - Jul 05, 2012
- Man uses facebook to abuse girl friend, jailed - Mar 26, 2012
- Drug-ravaged Charlie Sheen pictured during wild 36-hour bender - Feb 05, 2011
- Actor John Stamos sizzles in his Glee role - Oct 01, 2010
- Surge in Cocaine mail trafficking: Russian official - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,