John Stamos Lawsuit Hearing Begins At Michigan CourtJuly 14th, 2010 - 8:17 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Marquette, July 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The trial for the John Stamos lawsuit against two Michigan residents Allison Coss and Scott Sippola began on Tuesday at the federal court in Michigan. The attorneys for the couple, that has been accused by the actor of plotting to extort $680,000 from him, on the very first day denied any such plot and attacked the actor’s character instead. The attorney’s have also questioned the credibility of the FBI that worked with the representative of the actor back in December last year during a sting operation. Both Allison Coss and Scott Sippola have pleaded not guilty to the list of charges brought against them. The charges include misusing interstate commerce and felony extortion.
Allison Coss and Scott Sippola were arrested last December during a sting operation carried out by the FBI along with representative of John Stamos. The two were ensnared by a $700,000 US trap that the representative said that he will pay in exchange of photographs of the actor which the two claimed they will leak in front of the media. The photograph allegedly had John Stamos in compromising positions.
In the first day of trial in the court, the jury had to hear stories about strippers, sex with minors and drug abuses. The defense lawyers portrayed actor John Stamos a licentious drug user. However, John Stamos during his testimony in front of the court denied any such allegations. Along with the actor the Federal agents as well repeatedly denied destroying evidences as they have been accused by the defense attorneys. Prosecutors are building the case on testimonies and documentations.
- John Stamos' extortionists sentenced for 5 years - Jul 16, 2010
- John Stamos Triumphs Over Couple In Extortion Case - Jul 17, 2010
- John Stamos In Trouble Over Cocaine And Sex With Under-Age - Jul 15, 2010
- Extortionists Sentenced To Four Years Of Imprisonment For Threatening John Stamos - Oct 09, 2010
- John Stamos Gets Involved In A Lawsuit - Jul 14, 2010
- John Stamos Emerges Clean In Extortion Case - Jul 17, 2010
- Actor John Stamos's Extortionists Get Four Years Prison Term - Oct 09, 2010
- John Stamos denies teen fling in sex case - Jul 14, 2010
- Woman Claims Possessing Photo Of John Stamos With Cocaine - Jul 15, 2010
- John Stamos: New Charge Filed in Extortion Case - Apr 20, 2010
- Four convicted for plotting attacks on New York synagogues - Oct 19, 2010
- America Initiates Additional Charges Against Kwame Kilpatrick, The Former Mayor Of Detroit - Dec 16, 2010
- Headley was caught with a map of Copenhagen: FBI - Jun 02, 2011
- Indian-American witness gave 'bizarre' testimony: Rajaratnam's lawyer - Apr 22, 2011
- ISI handler sought progress report on Mumbai terror plot - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: compromising positions, coss, defense attorneys, defense lawyers, dey, documentations, drug abuses, evidences, extortion, federal agents, interstate commerce, john stamos, madhuri, marquette, michigan court, michigan residents, prosecutors, sex with minors, sting operation, testimonies