JFK hearse up for auctionDecember 20th, 2011 - 12:56 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The hearse that carried the casket of former American President John F. Kennedy is going for the auction. The vehicle which was owned by O’Neal Funeral Home will be offered for sale to the highest bidder at the auction which will be held by the Barrett-Jackson Auction.
The vehicle took the casket from the Parkland Memorial Hospital where JFK was declared dead to Love Field where the Air Force Jet flew it to Washington D.C. in one of the most remarkable days in the history of the United States.
President of the auction house Steve Davis explained that, “The eyes of the world were on this car on that unforgettable day in American history. It’s one of the most significant and historical vehicles ever offered for sale.”
O’Neal sold the casket to Arrdeen Vaughan who was an employee at the funeral home. He also sold to the Cadillac hearse to another person about 40 years later.
JFK was allegedly shot and killed by Lee Harvey Oswald on the 22nd of November 1963. The event was one of the darkest moments in the history of the United States and several conspiracy theories have emerged after the assassination.
- Obama's Chrysler 300 up for sale - Jan 27, 2012
- Coffin of JFK's killer sold for $90,000 - Dec 18, 2010
- Ambulance that carried JFK's casket up for grabs - Jan 05, 2011
- Tom Hanks to produce new Kennedy film - Aug 18, 2012
- Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin sells for $87,469 - Dec 17, 2010
- JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's coffin up for sale - Dec 02, 2010
- Sly's 'Expendables' truck sold for $132K at auction - Jan 25, 2011
- Patrice O'Neal dies from stroke complications - Nov 30, 2011
- Redmond O'Neal dealing with drug possession charges - Aug 05, 2011
- Today is the 22nd assassination anniversary of John F. Kennedy - Nov 22, 2011
- Ryan O'Neal had a hit on his daughter - Aug 04, 2009
- Lee Harvey Oswald's Getaway Cab Auctioned In Texas For $35,750 - Jun 06, 2010
- Ryan O'Neal 'flirted' with estranged daughter at Farrah's funeral - Aug 03, 2009
- No one will shoot me: JFK told secret service agents - Sep 20, 2011
- Ryan O'Neal has prostate cancer - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: air force jet, american president, auction house, barrett jackson auction, cadillac hearse, casket, conspiracy theories, eyes of the world, highest bidder, history of the united states, jfk, john f kennedy, lee harvey oswald, new york dec, november 1963, o neal, parkland memorial hospital, president john f kennedy, remarkable days, unforgettable day