Jewish doctor refuses to operate on Nazi patientNovember 12th, 2010 - 9:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Paderborn, Nov 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A doctor forgot about his Hippocratic Oath and refused to perform a surgery on a patient who had a Nazi tattoo on his shoulder. The Jewish doctor reportedly said that he could not reconcile his conscience with the surgery.
The Bild newspaper reported that the incident happened in the North Rhine-Westphalian city of Paderborn on Friday. The patient was a 38-year-old man and the paper reports that he needed a surgery but the tattoo was too insulting for the Jewish doctor to offer him that service.
The man has the tattoo of Reichsadler which translates “Imperial Eagle” in English. The animal has been drawn perched on swastika. The 46-year-old doctor felt offended by the tattoo and reportedly told the man’s wife that he cannot do the procedure on her husband. He was reported to have told the wife that, “I will not operate on your husband. I’m Jewish”. He reportedly left the patient and allowed another doctor to do the surgery.
Germany has taken steps after the end of the Second World War to ensure that the scar that was left on the country’s reputation is removed. The country has banned all Nazi symbols in the country and offenders can spend up to three years in jail if they break that rule.
- Jewish Doctor refuses to Operate on Nazi Patient - Nov 13, 2010
- German court bans Rolling Stones tattoo for horse - Aug 16, 2012
- Michelle McGee Creates Buzz With Her Nazi Pictures - Mar 21, 2010
- Doctors sew up forceps inside patient in Kent - Aug 09, 2012
- Tattoos drive new source of bacterial infection? - Sep 07, 2012
- 1.8-tonne bomb defused in Germany after 65 years - Dec 05, 2011
- Singer quits Germany's Wagner fest over swastika tattoo - Jul 22, 2012
- Nazi parade by Thai students triggers row - Sep 28, 2011
- Michelle 'Bombshell' McGee refutes Nazi reports - Apr 10, 2010
- Stripper in Sandra Bullock split posed for Nazi pics - Mar 20, 2010
- David Beckham gets another tattoo - Oct 11, 2011
- Apex court issues notice to IMA over doctors' strike - Jun 25, 2012
- Madonna may face lawsuit in France over Nazi symbol - Jun 05, 2012
- Nazi mass murderer shielded from justice for 10-yrs by West German intelligence - Jan 10, 2011
- Jesse James' mistress kicked out of VMA party over Nazi tattoos - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: bild newspaper, conscience, germany, hippocratic oath, imperial eagle, jewish doctor, nazi symbols, nazi tattoo, north rhine, old man, reichsadler, reputation, scar, second world war, swastika, westphalian