Jewish Doctor refuses to Operate on Nazi PatientNovember 13th, 2010 - 2:46 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After discovering a ‘Nazi’ tattoo on the arm of the patient which he was performing surgery, a Jewish doctor reportedly walked out of the operating room and refused to complete the procedure.
The forty-six year old physician was working in the North Rhine-Westphalian City if Paderborn in Germany. He was scheduled for the surgery of a thirty-six year old male who he found to have a tattooed image of Reichsadler, or Imperial Eagle, perched upon a swastika, according to the daily ‘Bild’.
The doctor stated that he “could not reconcile proceeding with the surgery with his conscience”. He reportedly told the man’s wife, “I will not operate on your husband, I am Jewish.” He did not leave the patient in danger, however, but proceeded to have another doctor complete the operation.
While some are calling this a violation of the Hippocratic Oath, which all physicians must make swearing not to harm anyone, many others feel that he did the right thing. If his feeling against the man wearing such a prejudiced emblem was so strong, then he could not have kept his mind focused enough to do the surgery safely. Still others feel that he was protecting himself as well. If anything had gone wrong during the procedure, he could have been blamed.
- Jewish doctor refuses to operate on Nazi patient - Nov 12, 2010
- German court bans Rolling Stones tattoo for horse - Aug 16, 2012
- Robotic surgery offers amazing benefits to cancer patients: Study - Jan 13, 2011
- Bolmax Periera undergoes open-heart surgery 'wide awake' - Dec 14, 2010
- Experts stress 5 musts before weight loss surgery - Jul 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh couple create new record for arthritic surgery - May 23, 2012
- Man Has Race Hate Tattoos Burned Off His Face - Oct 31, 2011
- Now, a robotic way to hassle-free surgeries - May 21, 2012
- Doctors sew up forceps inside patient in Kent - Aug 09, 2012
- Tattoos drive new source of bacterial infection? - Sep 07, 2012
- Patient abandoned on operating table dies - Aug 26, 2011
- Burns victim receives new hands in rare transplant - Aug 27, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Laser technology treats man with enlarged prostate - Jun 15, 2011
- First double-leg transplant carried out in Spain - Jul 12, 2011