JetBlue Flight Attendant Steven Slater Pleads GuiltyOctober 19th, 2010 - 11:29 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Steven Slater, a former flight attendant for JetBlue airlines obtained the instant fame of an overnight folk hero when he performed his escape from his job by making an exit from the emergency chute of an airplane which was resting at the JFK airport.
Some hailed him the hero of the American working man, as the story broke of the male flight attendant who was hit in the head by a passenger’s luggage, finally had enough of his job, grabbed a couple of beers, and quit via the plane’s emergency chute.
He plead guilty to one count of felony attempted criminal mischief and one count of misdemeanor criminal mischief, but will not go to prison. His one to three year sentence was delayed by a Supreme Court Judge Marcia Hirsch who required that instead he attend a year long mental health program and go to substance abuse counselling.
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- Former JetBlue flight attendant avoids jail - Oct 20, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendent curses out passengers, exits plane using inflatable emergency chute at JFK airport - Aug 10, 2010
- Ex-JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater stars in rap video - Nov 19, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendant who lost his cool gets bail - Aug 11, 2010
- Jetblue Flight Attendant Slides Into Immortality - Aug 14, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Attains Near Celeb Status! - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant 'gets reality TV show offer' - Aug 17, 2010
- Jet Blue Flight Attendant Quits His Job, To Face Jail Sentence Of 7 Years? - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant becomes toast of online community - Aug 11, 2010
- Home of former JetBlue flight attendant burglarized while he was on court - Oct 21, 2010
- Steven Slater Inspires Many To Look For Unusual Ways To Quit Jobs - Aug 17, 2010
- Jet Blue Flight Attendant Steven Slater Arrested - Aug 10, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendant basks in glow of newfound fame - Aug 12, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant's mother defends him - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: airplane, beers, chute, criminal mischief, fame, felony, flight attendant, folk hero, hirsch, jetblue airlines, jfk, jfk airport, job, luggage, mental health program, misdemeanor, substance abuse, supreme court judge, working man