Jeremy Wade Finds Croc-Eating Tiger Fish PiranhaOctober 21st, 2010 - 11:19 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jeremy Wade, a fifty-two year old British fisherman, is best known for his shows on ‘The Animal Planet’ called ‘River Monsters’, in which he goes off in search of some of the largest, and most dangerous fish in the world. He recently made headline for hooking the ‘Goliath Tigerfish’ which is a type of piranha large and vicious enough to eat crocodiles!
The fish is a native species of the Congo River, where Wade found him. According to the locals, the Goliath Tigerfish has no fear, and that not only does it eat crocs, but has also been known to attack humans as well. It is a very difficult fish to catch, since it rarely bites, and when it does, it usually snaps the fisherman’s line long before he can even have the chance to pull the fish in. his gives the fish an almost legend-like quality.
Wade, who spends his life tracking down legends such as this one, stated, “(The Goliath Tigerfish) can take a bait and spit it out so fast from its bony mouth, that it is exceptionally difficult to hook. Most fish that take a bait will escape, often after just a few seconds. And if you’ve been waiting hours or days for a take, that is such a demoralizing experience.”
“This fish…for all intents and purposes, (is) a giant piranha. It is quite a beast,” he adds.
- British TV show host hooks croc-eating giant piranha - Oct 21, 2010
- Jeremy Wade catches the elusive crocodile eating tiger fish - Oct 21, 2010
- Flesh-eating piranhas found in Greece river - Aug 09, 2012
- The crocs of Bhitarkanika: A problem of plenty? (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Piranha attack in China leads hunt for fish - Jul 12, 2012
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- 27-foot crocs roamed east Africa - May 07, 2012
- Fish kills two men by biting off their testicles - Dec 29, 2011
- Fisherman arrested for killing crocodile - Jun 20, 2010
- Piranhas attack beach-goers in Brazil - Sep 27, 2011
- Bolivian teen killed in piranha attack - Dec 07, 2011
- Goa takes to fishing, hook, line and sinker - Aug 19, 2010
- Barefoot Oz fisherman steps on croc while fishing, gets bitten - Oct 24, 2010
- Bathers attacked by carnivorous fish in Brazil - Feb 21, 2012
- Piranhas attack bathers in Brazil - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: animal planet, beast, congo river, crocodiles, crocs, dangerous fish, eating tiger, fear, fisherman, goliath tigerfish, intents and purposes, legends, locals, monsters, native species, piranha, s line, tiger, tiger fish