Jeffrey Marsalis, The Alleged Date Rapist Back In NewsJuly 17th, 2009 - 1:19 am ICT by GD
Jeffrey Marsalis the infamous date rapist who had false profiles on dating site Match.com has spoken up publicly to an interview with ABC news at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday. Marsalis had false profiles on Match.com which claimed he was an astronaut, a trauma surgeon and even a navy officer. He used these profiles and false pictures to dupe young women; in fact 21 women from Philadelphia has accused Marsalis in context of various incidents which had taken place between 2001 and 2005. Marsalis has faced several cases and two criminal trials in which he got convicted on charges of sexual assault but he was found ‘not guilty of rape’.
April 2009 saw Marsalis facing rape charges once again. Jody, a young attractive women placed the rape charges against him as she alleged that Marsalis had raped her one night, when they had gone out in October of 2005. She alleged the incident had taken place in Marsalis’ apartment in Sun Valley, Idaho. The Marsalis family has property in Idaho.
The ABC news interview has been the first instance of Marsalis speaking on this issue as he had earlier declined making any statements publicly regarding the trial and even declined to testify in the case. But now Marsalis has been found saying that, “I believe these girls [alleged victims] were manipulated”.
The fact that Marsalis had ‘clean cut good looks’ only helped his cause with the girls who gave into his charm. To one of his girlfriends it is known that Marsalis had claimed to be a CIA agent. His Match.com profile read; “I have to say I am highly driven, and I am looking for that special someone that has the same qualities”. If only these women had known the truth behind it!
- Match.com to screen for sex offenders - Apr 19, 2011
- Miami 'best online dating city in US' - Sep 03, 2010
- Boyfriend of the missing woman in Aruba fears for the worst - Aug 11, 2011
- Extradite rape accused to Australia, Indian government told - May 20, 2012
- Demi Moore to opt for online dating? - Jan 21, 2012
- Strauss Kahn rape case delayed again - Jul 27, 2011
- Women who accused Assange of rape 'are WikiLeaks fans' - Dec 25, 2010
- 'Lazy' policeman faces jail for sabotaging probes - Sep 13, 2012
- Good Morning America weather girl 'falsely cried rape' - Dec 16, 2010
- All 269 guilty in Vachathi mass rape, assault case - Sep 29, 2011
- Kerry Katona's new beau is a kick-boxer hunk - Aug 29, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy opts for online dating - Nov 22, 2011
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- No relationship unless SMS in 36 hours of first date - Oct 20, 2011
- Long trials to blame for rapists walking free - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: abc news, alleged victims, astronaut, attractive women, cia agent, criminal trials, dating site, first instance, girlfriends, jeffrey marsalis, marsalis family, match, navy officer, news at 10, rape charges, rapist, sexual assault, sun valley idaho, trauma surgeon, young women