Jaycee Dugard’s kidnapper is mentally illFebruary 26th, 2010 - 12:57 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Francisco, Feb 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jaycee Dugard’s kidnapper has “a serious mental illness” and “may not be competent to be a defendant,” his defense lawyer said in court papers filed on Wednesday. Susan Gellman who is a deputy public defender in El Dorado County, assessed Phillip Garrido’s fitness to stand trial. She also said that she shouldn’t ought to be banned from trying to contact Jaycee, because Phillip Gariido is not using her in order to manipulate Jaycee from jail.
“The district attorney is making the very same mistake that parole authorities made concerning Mr. Garrido for many years. He is ignoring the signs of serious mental illness. It appears that Phillip Garrido has been hearing voices of angels for years.” Gellman said, and she also added that Phillip’s acts are not manipulative at all. Gellman had filed these papers, as a retaliation to the prosecutors who want a protective order that would keep her as well as Garrido, from attempting to communicate with Jaycee, either directly or indirectly. She instead asked the judge to ask the district attorney to provide her with Jaycee’s address, or to appoint a neutral party as an intermediary between her and Jaycee.
However the District Attorney Vern Pierson said that Garrido is a “master manipulator” who wants to intimidate Jaycee Dugard, so that she doesn’t cooperate with the authorities in this case.
- Jaycee Lee Dugard Kidnapper Phillip Garrido Mentally Ill, Says Attorney - Feb 25, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard Memoir Is Going To Be Out Soon - Sep 28, 2010
- California Assembly Passes $20 Million Settlement Bill For Jaycee Dugard - Jul 02, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard's kidnappers 'confess to 18 years of sex abuse' - Mar 02, 2011
- The Californian State To Deliver An Imbursement Of $20 Million To The Kidnapped Victim, Jaycee Dugard - Jul 02, 2010
- US sex slave awarded $20m settlement for 18 yrs in captivity - Jul 02, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard's home video to air on ABC on Friday - Mar 05, 2010
- US Fritzl says Jesus has cured him - Nov 14, 2009
- Jaycee Dugard To Pen Memoir About Abduction Ordeal - Sep 28, 2010
- US Fritzl Phillip Garrido to face sex victim in court - Sep 15, 2009
- Jaycee Lee Dugard's Photos Trigger Controversy - Oct 14, 2009
- Life for Dugard: As if u r camping - Aug 28, 2009
- Dugard kidnap suspect Phillip Garrido speaks from jail - Aug 28, 2009
- Phillip Garrido fathered two children with abducted California girl - Aug 28, 2009
- Jaycee Dugard Family Video To Be Aired On ABC - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: authorities, defendant, defense lawyer, deputy public defender, district attorney, el dorado county, garrido, gellman, hearing voices, jaycee dugard, kidnapper, master manipulator, mental illness, mistake, neutral party, prosecutors, protective order, retaliation, vern pierson, voices of angels