Japanese leaders discuss Hiroshima memorial and nuclear policyAugust 6th, 2012 - 10:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hiroshima, Aug 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Hiroshima Bombing tragedy that occurred many years ago changed the life of many across Hiroshima and the Japan as well. It left a mark that will never be forgotten in the history of the world. Every year, an event is held for its memory.
Dignitaries all around the world attended the anniversary function to discuss the nuclear policy and safety at Hiroshima Memorial. Hiroshima mayor said that the government should learn lessons from the Fukushima’s nuclear attack and look out for the most appropriate methods of preventing such attacks that result into massive destruction and loss. He added that the government should ensure for the safety of the Japanese livelihood.
One of the policies that were established is shedding away nuclear reliance down to 15percent. After variety of other proposals, the government came up with a new policy, which is expected to be presented at the end of this month of August 2012. The only people who were knowledgeable in Japan about the nuclear energy were the high rankings officials and the companies but now the knowledge is being passed to the country at large. The prime minister promises to strive until they come up with the most appropriate policy that will guide Japan on Nuclear attacks.
- Bhopal tragedy survivors demand probe into nuke plant projects - Mar 22, 2011
- Apex court to hear plea against n-plants Monday - Nov 12, 2011
- On Chernobyl anniversary, experts confident about nuclear energy - Apr 26, 2011
- Japan was warned over n-plants, reveal WikiLeaks cables - Mar 16, 2011
- India wants more international collaboration for nuclear safety - Jun 21, 2011
- UPA stubbornly refusing to learn lessons from Fukushima: Advani - Apr 24, 2011
- South Korea starts building two n-reactors - May 04, 2012
- Greenpeace India to send over 21000 faxes opposing Jaitapur to PM, Chavan - May 04, 2011
- Hiroshima marks 65th anniversary of atomic bombing (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- False alert causes n-radiation scare in Bangladesh - Mar 16, 2011
- India should learn from Japan episode: Jairam Ramesh - Mar 18, 2011
- Harmful for country to give up n-power option: PM (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- India, Japan to revive n-talks, step up economic ties (Second Lead) (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
- India carrying out safety reviews of n-plants: PM - Mar 29, 2011
- Today is the 66th anniversary of the Atomic bombing event in Nagasaki, Japan - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: anniversary, dignitaries, fukushima, hiroshima bombing, history of the world, japan, japanese leaders, livelihood, massive destruction, memory, month of august, nuclear attack, nuclear attacks, nuclear energy, nuclear policy, prime minister, proposals, reliance, tragedy