Jane Skinner Quits Fox To Spend Time With FamilyJune 26th, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
June 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Renowned TV News anchor Jane Skinner has decided to quit her job after 12 years in the field to spend more time with her family. Her last TV broadcast was on June 24. She said that she will miss Fox News very badly. The 43 year old has taken the decision because of her twin daughters and her husband Roger Goodell, who is an NFL Commissioner.
Jane Skinner announced the news of her stepping down from the position of anchor for the daytime news show on Thursday in her segment ‘Happening Now’. She said after the 12 years she felt attached to the Network.
She also said that her co-workers had shown her how hard work and great attitude pays off in the field. She added that her life had changed greatly in the last 12 years but it had also added more responsibilities. She said her husband ad a job that made him even more busy than her. She felt that she had to devote time to her family life that also included time for her twin daughters.
The Fox News Channel has not yet announced a replacement for Jane Skinner and co-anchor Jon Scott is reportedly going to continue in his position at Fox News.
Jane Skinner became a well known face after her appearance in the segment ‘Skinnerville’ on Fox News Live with Shepherd Smith. Over the years she has worked with various other networks. She started off as a political correspondent for KBJR in Duluth, Minnesota.
Her father Sam Skinner was former Secretary of Transportation and White House Chief Of Staff under President George H.W Bush.
- Jane Skinner To Quit Fox News - Jun 26, 2010
- Anchorman 'I love lamps' prank pulled off on live TV - Jan 05, 2012
- News anchor licks iPad as part of April Fool prank - Apr 06, 2011
- Harry Belafonte falls asleep live on air - Oct 19, 2011
- Mary Hart Replaced by Nancy O'Dell on Entertainment Tonight - Nov 10, 2010
- Olivia Munn to appear on HBO pilot - May 19, 2011
- Jane Pauley To Make A Comeback On 'Today' Show - Mar 07, 2010
- Jim Carrey's Daughter Jane Carrey Divorcing Alex Santana - Dec 08, 2010
- Leonard Skinner, The Inspiration For Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dies In Sleep - Sep 21, 2010
- 'Glee' Episode Features Carol Burnett As Sue Sylvester's Mom - Nov 24, 2010
- Sara Gilbert's New Talk Show Coming On CBS - Jul 23, 2010
- News Anchor Monica Malpass Announces Her Pregnancy - Jan 12, 2010
- Ines Sainz Faces Harassment From New York Jets - Sep 14, 2010
- Sarah Palin angers FOX official Roger Ailes - Nov 23, 2011
- Jane Fonda was once not happy with her body - Aug 10, 2011
Tags: commissioner jane, duluth minnesota, fox news channel, george h w bush, great attitude, jane skinner, kbjr, meena, news anchor, nfl commissioner, political correspondent, president george h w bush, roger goodell, sam skinner, secretary of transportation, skinnerville, time with family, tv broadcast, twin daughters, white house chief of staff