James Von Brunn Identified as Holocaust Museum ShooterJune 11th, 2009 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
James Von Brunn, an octogenarian white supremacist from Maryland, well known on the Internet for his hatred for Jewish and black people, has been identified as the shooter behind the incident at the US Holocaust Museum on Wednesday. Sgt. David Schlosser, a spokesman for the US Park Police, informed the press that Von Brunn walked into the Museum around noon and shot two security personnel before the police arrived and engaged in a shoot-out with him. One of the security officers, Stephen Tyrone Jones, died in the line of duty saving the lives of nearly 4,000 people.
With a history of mental instability and violent racism, Von Brunn had been to prison for nearly six and half years in 1983, when he was arrested for a plot to kidnap several federal officials. Even though he was found with several weapons in his bag, including a knife and a sawed-off shotgun, he denied that he intended to harm. According to him, he only wanted to place them under non-violent citizen’s arrest.
His persecution mania recently led him to question the authenticity of the birth certificate of President Obama on his website ‘holywesternempire.org‘. Along with being a bigot, he is also a self-styled author and artist, having written a explosively anti-Semitic book ‘ Kill the Best Gentiles’, which nobody would publish. The first six chapters were available on his website. At 88, he was considered to be more talk than action by the authorities in his hometown. Many consider him to be only the tip of the growing white supremacist iceberg, with proponents like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum shooter charged with first degree murder - Jun 12, 2009
- Holocaust Museum security guard Stephen Johns dead - Jun 11, 2009
- Suspected Holocaust Shooter Dies - Jan 07, 2010
- Jewish organization condemns shooting incident at U.S. Holocaust Museum - Jun 11, 2009
- Who is James von Brunn? - Jun 11, 2009
- White supremacist James von Brunn arrested for Holocaust Museum shooting - Jun 11, 2009
- Who are white supremacists? - Jun 11, 2009
- 88-year-old White supremacist kills Holocaust Museum guard - Jun 11, 2009
- Dita Von Teese victim of Anti-Semitism - Aug 31, 2010
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrest - Feb 26, 2011
- Gunman opens fire at Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. - Jun 11, 2009
- Rush Limbaugh calls President Obama "Barack Kardashian" - Jun 07, 2012
- Israel President denies calling British 'anti-Semites' - Aug 02, 2010
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: bigot, birth certificate, federal officials, gentiles, glenn beck, holocaust, holocaust museum, line of duty, mental instability, obama, persecution mania, proponents, rush limbaugh, sawed off shotgun, security officers, security personnel, tyrone jones, us park police, violent racism, white supremacist