Jack Johnson Arrested For Destruction Of EvidencesNovember 13th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prince George’s County Executive Jack Johnson and his wife Leslie Johnson were arrested yesterday morning from their home. The couple were accused of tampering with evidence and destruction of records. Although they have been released on their own recognizance, Jack Johnson will have to wear a monitoring device.
The judges have given him the permission to continue with his term of serving out the last weeks as the county executive, if he wants to, but he cannot attempt to destroy any evidence. Yesterday morning the police raided their home while Jack Johnson was not in his residence. His wife raced to find a $100,000 check, which she flushed in the toilet. While the agents were banging their door, she apparently hid $80,000 in her under wear. The couple had a conversation over the phone, while the police were waiting for the door to be open. The entire conversation was unfortunately heard by the police and they could easily trace what ever has happened. the check of $100,000 was from a real estate developer, which was hidden in a box of liquor. This case dates back to 2006, when the FBI came to know that Jack Johnson was taking money from certain real estates developers to pass their contracts. This led to a series of authorizations for the interception of wire communications.
On Friday, the FBI came to know that Jack Johnson received a $15,000 payoff and so the investigators went to his residence to ask for an explanation. Panicked Johnson gave a call to her husband, which was overheard by the agents and the matter got clear. It proved that Jack Johnson made several false statements before, when he said that the cash was for a party to mark the end of his tenure and he had no dealings with any real estate developer.
- FBI Investigating Corruption Charges Against Maryland Politician - Nov 14, 2010
- FBI files reveal Princess Diana was under probe after 'bomb threat' - Apr 15, 2011
- Two men chop off friend's hand to claim insurance - Feb 26, 2012
- 'Dubai' Prasad's links with Naidu, YSR come under CBI scanner - Nov 04, 2011
- Minister in trouble again, could alter poll pitch (Goa newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- London mayor left hanging in mid-air - Aug 02, 2012
- Laurel's childhood home to be sold - Mar 21, 2011
- Edgard Anziani accused of murdering 15-month-old baby arrested in Maryland - Mar 02, 2010
- 'Baywatch' Star David Charvet sues his agent - Jan 06, 2011
- Texas fugitive arrested in NY for role in 22-year-old murder case - Sep 24, 2010
- Sikhs in turbans can now serve Washington police - May 17, 2012
- Israeli police recommend indictment of Ehud Olmert - Aug 23, 2010
- Mel B sued over alleged attack - Jul 12, 2010
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Posed With A Gun And G-String, Police Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Code of conduct for Punjab real estate agents - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: authorizations, county executive, evidences, false statements, fbi, interception, investigators, jack johnson, kar, leslie johnson, liquor, own recognizance, prince george, real estate developer, real estates, tenure, toilet, wife leslie, wire communications, yesterday morning