Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu arrives in the United States for talks, speechesNovember 7th, 2010 - 3:04 pm ICT by BNO News
JERUSALEM (BNO NEWS) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife Sara left for the United States on late Saturday to attend the Jewish Federations of North America General Assembly in New Orleans on Monday, his office said.
Netanyahu, besides speaking at the Jewish Federations of North America General Assembly, is also expected to hold diplomatic meetings with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden in New Orleans on Sunday. On Monday, Netanyahu will travel to New York City to meet with United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
Other meetings Netanyahu will hold in the United States include a meeting with U.S. Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice on Wednesday in New York and with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday, also in New York. He is also expected to meet with media figures and Wall Street economists during his stay in New York, in order to explain Israel’s positions.
“I am looking forward to important meetings with U.S. Vice President Biden and U.S. Secretary of State Clinton, who share in the great efforts that we are making in order to continue the peace process,” Netanyahu said before boarding his plane. “I will also speak about this, and other issues, with UN Secretary-General Ki-moon, U.S. UN Ambassador Rice and others. I hope that on this visit, we and the U.S. administration will find the way to advance the diplomatic process while maintaining Israel’s national and security interests.”
- UN's Ban calls for restraint amid Middle East protests and violence - Sep 17, 2012
- Israel criticises Palestinian president's UN speech - Sep 24, 2011
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrives in India - Apr 26, 2012
- Middle East Quartet meets in Moscow - Mar 19, 2010
- UN chief to meet US government officials - Apr 06, 2011
- US campaigned heavy-handedly to help Israel escape UN war crimes probe: WikiLeaks - Apr 19, 2011
- French diplomat appointed new UN peacekeeping chief - Sep 03, 2011
- Jamia to confer honorary degree to UN chief - Apr 25, 2012
- Netanyahu rebuffs UN probe of Gaza flotilla raid - Jun 07, 2010
- UN calls urgent meeting on Libya - Aug 24, 2011
- Mideast direct talks 'only way' to peace: UN - Aug 22, 2010
- Palestine applies for UN membership - Sep 24, 2011
- Afghan situation cause for alarm, concern: UN chief - Apr 27, 2012
- UN Secretary-General to visit Israel and Occupied Palestinian territories later this month - Mar 10, 2010
- Trust India to strengthen ties with neighbours: UN chief (Lead)(With Image) - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: ban ki moon, benjamin netanyahu, bno, general assembly, hillary clinton, israeli prime minister, jewish federations, joe biden, minister benjamin netanyahu, peace process, president joe, prime minister benjamin, prime minister netanyahu, secretary of state, security interests, susan rice, un secretary general, united nations secretary general, wall street economists, wife sara