Is it time to quit your job?February 8th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Making the decision to move on from your job is not an easy one. Uncertainty sometimes holds people back from quitting a job that he he/she doesn’t love.
There are some signs that show that the time is right for you to move on. As you work along, you should be looking out for those signs. Below are some of the warning signs that you need to quit your job or risk being fired or taken advantage of.
1. When a promotion passes you by. This is the obvious sign to tell you that you are not needed and respected at your workplace. There is no justification whatsoever for your bosses to give a position that you have been groomed for to someone else. However before you hand in your resignation letter, give your boss the opportunity to explain himself. It might be that you have much higher promotion than that. Anything less, move on.
2. Decreasing responsibility means you are no more trusted. This is one of the most embarrassing situations you can find yourself. If all of a sudden you are pushed to an unappealing position or most of your responsibilities are taken away, it should tell you that your significance is slowly sliding by. It is best to move on.
3. Unfulfilled promise is a breach of trust. If constant promises are not fulfilled, it speaks a lot about the respect that is shown to you. If your bosses have no better explanation why most of the promises they make to you are not fulfilled, start looking elsewhere.
These and other signs should warn you that it is time to look somewhere else for job.
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Hidden literary treasures often lie in smaller stalls (Comment) - Feb 24, 2012
- Critics are my lucky charm: Director Rohit Shetty (Interview) - Jul 04, 2012
- Full prepared remarks of President Obama's "Back-to-School" Speech - Sep 15, 2010
- Workplace myths debunked: 9 things you should never assume at work - Jan 25, 2011
- Tips on 'How to survive holiday office parties' - Dec 06, 2010
- Ex-mistress Michelle McGee urges Jesse James' fiancee to 'run for her life' - Jan 26, 2011
- Bad boss - the main reason workers quit - Sep 17, 2010
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
- Still many things I should be doing: Amitabh - Oct 11, 2011
- Tips On When Should You Turn Down A Promotion - Nov 15, 2010
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
- Career Mistakes to avoid - Nov 18, 2010
- State of the Union Address by the President Obama - Full Text - Jan 28, 2010
- Tips on how to ask for more time off from your boss - Oct 20, 2010