Irvine Police Investigating A Jewelry TheftFebruary 26th, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Irvine, California, Feb 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) An investigation is going on for Jewelery theft which took place at around 2 p.m. on Thursday. The incident took place at a jewelry store which is in the 14100 block of Jeffrey Road in Irvine. It is near Santa Ana Freeway. According to the Irvine Police Department, the robber forcefully entered the department store at the shopping center and stole jewelry.
Lt. John Hare of Irvine Police department allegedly reported that an employee of the jewelry store tried to stop the robber. The robber supposedly said, he was carrying a gun. However, he could not display it when he was confronted by the employee. The robber supposedly stole costume jewelry worth $250 which is yet to be recovered. According to Lt. John Hare, the robber escaped on foot. The Irvine Police Department is expecting that though the robber fled, he is somewhere close to the location of the department store. The alleged robber is a man in his late 30s. He was reportedly wearing jeans with gray shirt. He is a white male and has blond hair, according to police.
The police department is on the lookout for the alleged robber. Helicopter as well as search dogs are being used in order to find him. The residents of the area are being alerted using the reverse 911 system. According to latest reports, Jeffrey Graham, of Rancho Santa Margarita is arrested who supposedly has some connection with the robbery. It is not yet clear whether Jeffrey Graham is the robber who stole costume jewelry or he is just partially related to the robbery.
- Robber caught while answering stolen phone - Jun 18, 2012
- Actress Lindsay Lohan suspected of jewelry theft - report says - Feb 02, 2011
- Thieves Escape With $1Million From San Juan Capistrano Jewelry Store - Feb 26, 2010
- Man robs bank & then offers $1K for a ride - Nov 03, 2010
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Security experts' six tips to ensure safe visit to South Africa World Cup - Jun 10, 2010
- Robbery Fail: Bank Robbers Call Ahead For Money To Go - Mar 25, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Robber informs police after crime - Jul 11, 2012
- Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai Sword - Jan 21, 2011
- Austria's Obama Robber Makes Headlines! - Jan 22, 2011
- Paris Hilton sued for not returning $60K in borrowed Damiani jewelry - Apr 07, 2011
- Democratic congressional candidate Marleine Bastien robbed in Miami - Aug 23, 2010
- Pakistani panel to stop bank robberies - Dec 22, 2011
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: alleged robber, blond hair, costume jewelry, department store, freeway, gina gomez, gray shirt, helicopter, irvine california, irvine police department, jeffrey graham, jeffrey road, jewelery, jewelry store, lookout, rancho santa margarita, robbery, santa ana, search dogs, shopping center