Iraqi government wrongly confirms the apprehension of Al-Baghdadi - againApril 24th, 2009 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Baghdad, IRAQ (BNO NEWS) – The Iraqi government wrongly confirmed the arrest of Al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Al-Baghdadi on Thursday, the third time in just a year.
The Associated Press and the Agence France-Presse, as well as state television, had earlier quoted officials such as the Iraqi army in saying that Al-Baghdadi was arrested in Baghdad earlier on Thursday. Hours later, a spokesperson for the U.S. Army in Iraq told BNO News that their operational reporting does not confirm his capture or arrest.
In 2008, the Iraqi government wrongly confirmed his arrest. Later, the government confirmed that Al-Baghdadi was killed by U.S. forces and this report also turned out false.
- Two top al-Qaida in Iraq leaders killed by Iraqi commandos - Apr 19, 2010
- Suspected al-Qaeda in Iraq member captured - Jun 04, 2010
- Two Al Qaeda leaders killed in Iraqi-US operation - Apr 20, 2010
- Three suspected terrorists captured in Iraq - May 19, 2010
- Al Qaeda in Iraq confirms deaths of its leaders - Apr 25, 2010
- Iraqi Security Forces arrest suspected Al-Qaeda in Iraq leader - Apr 27, 2010
- Al-Qaeda's second-in-command praises militant leaders killed in Iraq - May 25, 2010
- Suspected Al-Qaeda leader arrested in west Mosul, Iraq - Jun 10, 2010
- Al-Qaeda in Iraq member and eight associates arrested - Apr 27, 2010
- Four al-Qaeda in Iraq members arrested in Mosul - May 08, 2010
- Iraqi Security Forces arrested six-suspected al-Qaeda terrorists - Mar 05, 2010
- Iraqi Security Forces arrest suspected terrorist - Apr 15, 2010
- Iraqi Police capture four suspected al-Qaeda in Iraq leaders - Mar 11, 2010
- Iraqi forces arrest six suspected Al-Qaeda terrorists in Baghdad - Feb 10, 2010
- Iraqi Security Forces arrest six terrorist suspects - Feb 19, 2010