Iran says that it has placed 150,000 missiles towards IsraelNovember 28th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tehran, Nov 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Iran has warned Israel against a reported pre-emptive strike saying Tehran has 150,000 missiles pointed at the Jewish state. With Iran allegedly close to manufacturing a nuclear weapon, world leaders and several experts say the country remains the biggest threat to the existence of Israel.
In a bid to protect their country, Israel is reportedly working to strike the nuclear sites in Iran. Iran’s leaders have reacted to the reports saying an attack from Israel will be retaliated with 150,000 missiles.
During a speech aired on Iran’s FARS news network, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi questioned Israel saying “How many missiles have they prepared themselves for? 10,000? 20,000? 50,000? 100,000, 150,000 or more?”
Vahidi also warned the United States against supporting Israel in a covert attack of Iran. He told a group of supporters that an attack from the United States will receive a massive resistance.
World leaders are talking about sanctions against Iran after a report from the International Atomic Energy Agency said the country was secretly developing nuclear weapon. Iran had declared on previous occasion in the past that their nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
Iran’s leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel to be wiped out of the surface of the planet.
- Iran seeking to build nuclear weapon: Cameron - Mar 07, 2012
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Israel 'plans attack on Tehran within months' - Feb 04, 2012
- US to ask Israel to let sanctions affect Iran - Mar 04, 2012
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards start military manoeuvres (Lead) - Nov 23, 2009
- Wikileaks expose: Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran - Nov 29, 2010
- US using IAEA as a tool: Iran - Nov 07, 2011
- Iran warns against foreign military intervention in Syria - Aug 04, 2012
- No military component in Iran's nuclear programme: Russia - Dec 10, 2011
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Turkish PM warns of 'disastrous' consequence if Israel strikes Iran - Apr 01, 2012
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: ahmad, atomic energy agency, brigadier general, country israel, defense minister, fars news, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, iran iran, jewish state, mahmoud ahmadinejad, massive resistance, missiles, nuclear program, nuclear weapon, peaceful purposes, sanctions against iran, tehran, weapon world, world leaders