Iran Finally Releases Sarah Shourd From PrisonSeptember 15th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sarah Shourd, who was accused and detained by Iranian authorities of “spying” and illegally entering the country has been released by the authorities yesterday. When she arrived Oman yesterday, she said that she hopes her two companions Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal would also be released soon. She mentioned that all her efforts will go into securing freedom for her friends as she will not be able to enjoy her freedom without them.
A source, on condition of anonymity said that Sarah Shourd was freed yesterday after Oman mediated a deal for $500,000 bail. Sarah Shourd said that she had been waiting for this moment from a long time and she is “grateful” to be standing there at that moment. Then she thanked Sultan Quaboos, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ayatollah Ali Khamanei and everyone who has played a role in making this moment happen to her and her family.
On Sarah Shourd’s release President Barack Obama released a statement where he thanked Switzerland authorities and Oman and “everyone” else who worked “tirelessly” and “admirably” over the past several months to bring about this “reunion”. The President of United States has also urged Iran to release Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal. The statement read that the U.S. Government is hopeful that Iran will show renewed compassion by ensuring the return of Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal and all other missing detained Americans in Iran. Even Sarah Shourd’s family said that all the family members are relieved and overjoyed that Sarah Shourd has been released but they are also heartbroken as the other members are not released yet. They also said that they are now preparing for the return of Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal.
- Iran begins trial of Amricans held for spying - Feb 06, 2011
- Iran releases U.S. hiker Sarah Shourd on bail - Sep 14, 2010
- Sarah Shourd To Be Released On Saturday, Says Iran - Sep 10, 2010
- Iran summons freed U.S. hiker Sara Shourd for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Billionaire Sultan of Oman paid bail to free US hiker from Iran - Sep 16, 2010
- Iran summons freed US woman for trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Iran agrees to release female US hiker - Sep 12, 2010
- Iran to release detained US hikers - Sep 13, 2011
- Released US hiker Sarah Shourd 'gratified' after meeting Ahmadinejad at UN - Sep 25, 2010
- Ahmadinejad wants US to release Iranians in return of hiker - Sep 18, 2010
- Iran approves release of U.S. citizens convicted of spying - Sep 21, 2011
- Freed American female hiker summoned to Iran to stand trial over spying charges - Feb 01, 2011
- Sarah Shourd thanks Oman for securing her release - Sep 19, 2010
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- Freed US hiker vows to lobby for remaining two men's release from Iran - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: ali, anonymity, ayatollah, barack obama, companions, compassion, family members, fattal, gina gomez, iranian authorities, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, khamanei, mahmoud ahmadinejad, oman, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, president of united states, shane bauer, shourd, sultan